Abington Memorial Hospital is accepting applications for a Public Relations and Marketing Associate.
Abington Memorial Hospital is seeking a public relations and marketing generalist to focus on internal communications, media relations and social media. This position requires excellent writing skills and a love of writing, the ability to think creatively, excellent organizational skills and sound judgment. We are looking for someone who enjoys solving communications challenges and can interact with all members of the hospital staff, including senior leaders and physicians. Must work well under pressure to meet deadlines. Experience and desire to work with still photography and video a plus.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Public Relations and Marketing or Corporate Communications.
• Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Corporate Communications or Public Relations required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Develop internal communications plans and solve communications challenges.
• Serve as editor of the employee newsletter.
• Develop and implement internal communications plans related to patient safety, employee engagement and green initiatives, to name a few.
• Write and distribute routine announcements and press releases.
• Coordinate interviews and escort media.
• Track and compile media coverage.
• Implement social media plans by developing social media campaigns and managing institution’s Facebook page and its communities, Twitter account, YouTube channel and emerging social media under direction of director of media relations.
• Act as service line marketing manager for hospital’s smaller service lines.
• Provide communications support to other members of the Public Relations and Marketing Department.
To apply, please click here: