Senior Corporate Communications Consultant
Janney’s fast-paced Marketing and Corporate Communications department is seeking a Senior Corporate Communications Consultant. The Senior Corporate Communications Consultant will have responsibility to expand and enhance the firm’s corporate communications infrastructure and processes, contribute consistent and effective message development and management, and coordinate information distribution to internal and external Janney constituencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic communications consulting
- Provides strategic communications planning, counsel and support to assigned client businesses and corporate departments for both external and internal audiences.
- Serves as liaison with business leaders, senior management, and corporate departments to design, implement, and measure effective communication strategies and solutions.
- Develops strong consultative relationships with leaders of assigned client businesses and corporate departments to identify opportunities to support their efforts and enhance credibility and relevance of communications function; manages effective service levels.
- Creates and manages coordinated communications campaigns; integrating internal and external resources and capabilities for effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Manages or supports ad hoc Corporate Communications initiatives as assigned.
- Serves as departmental liaison for firm business continuity planning.
- Manage media relations activities
- Assists director in development and execution of firm-wide PR and media strategy.
- Implements a variety of earned media initiatives, including crafting and pitching stories, writing press information materials, contributing to development of digital content and coordinating outreach to national, regional and key local media.
- Manages coordination and preparation for media interviews of firm’s executives and subject matter experts.
- Assists in daily oversight of activities of firm’s external communications partner.
- Guides and supports public relations activities of Marketing Services group for local activities for financial advisors. Coordinate internal and external resources to maximize productivity, results and message consistency.
- Monitors news and social media to identify trends and opportunities; tracks clippings and report results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 5-10 years of communications experience, preferably in a corporate or agency setting
- 5 years of media relations experience required
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Finance
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, AP-style experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; facility with Adobe InDesign
- Strong project management skills – superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and client service commitment
- Strong time management and organization skills
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: http://www.janney.com/about-janney/careers-at-janney/current-openings
Janney is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No third parties please.