Brian Communications, a Brian Tierney company, has an immediate opening for an Account Executive.
– Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or a related field
– 2-3 years experience in agency public relations or a similar position
– Pitching and securing media coverage (print, broadcast, online)
– Planning and executing events for media or other client activities
– Developing media materials (news releases, media advisories, background materials, media messages and Q&A)
– Integrating use of social media to support client objectives
– Executing tactical communications plans
– Tracking and reporting media coverage
– Maintain contact with clients as appropriate
– Generate creative solutions to client needs
– Work with junior staff to develop skills
– Proven track record of successful media relations coverage; proven experience in pitching business and consumer stories to various media outlets, including bloggers
– Strong writing skills
– Proven ability to multi task; strong organizational skills and attention to detail
– Ability to develop written materials including press releases, bylined articles, client correspondence, and reports as assigned
– Strong knowledge of social media platforms and use for audience engagement to support earned
– media strategy
– Develop and maintain media lists; develop personal media contacts
– Oversee tracking of media coverage and completion of client status reports
– Secure estimates for services from vendors
– Work with senior account leadership to develop tactic estimates, project budgets, and other financial materials
– Assist agency leadership team in gathering information and developing proposals for new business opportunities
About Brian Communications: Most recently publisher of The Philadelphia Inquirer and a nationally recognized expert in branding, marketing and advertising, Brian Tierney recently announced in a New York Times article his return to public relations.
Tierney has a distinguished record building brands for some of the largest companies in the United States such as Independence Blue Cross,ARAMARK, Exelon, The Philadelphia Orchestra,Marriott, Widener University,IBM, Deloitte, and Commerce Bank. He has launched several successful marketing communications companies, including T2 Group and Tierney Communications.
And now hes building a team at Brian Communications.
Contact: Interested individuals are encouraged to send their resume to Elaine Annos, Chief Talent Officer at Brian Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org