Fleishman-Hillard has an immediate opening for a media relations
specialist with 3-7 years of experience to manage and execute local
market communications for a FORTUNE 500 telecommunications company.
This position will be based at the client site in Philadelphia.
Responsibilities: Scope of work includes: pitching and securing
regional media coverage (print, broadcast , online), tracking and
reporting that coverage, media training of executives, and planning and
executing media events. Some developing and/or customizing of media
materials (news releases, media advisories, background materials, media
messages and Q&A) is required. Position also requires some travel within
the states and the ability to work outside normal business hours if
– Successful candidates must be results-oriented, have a solid track
record of effective media relations in Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware,
and Connecticut, with strong writing, strong organization and acute
attention to detail. Skills in placing product-related stories with the
media are essential. Individual must be highly self-motivated, with the
ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and work well with
local executives as well as a remote team located throughout the U.S.
– Additionally, candidates should have:
– At least three years of corporate communications experience, with an
emphasis on media relations, media training, and product public
– Experience in telecommunications, wireless, cable/satellite TV,
broadband (or other consumer-facing technology) preferred.
– A minimum of a bachelors degree in public relations, communications,
journalism, English, political science or related field.
– Proven experience in pitching business and consumer stories of all
types to various media outlets, including bloggers. Must bring a
creative mindset to strategy development and execution.
– Well-developed skills in building and maintaining media and blogger
– Strong knowledge of and interest in social media platforms such as
Facebook and Twitter, and how they contribute to an integrated earned
– Understanding of local social media networks and the increasing
influence held by those who participate in those communities.
– Excellent writing ability with extensive experience in all forms of
corporate and executive communication, from business media news releases
to executive talking points.
– A combination of agency and corporate experience is ideal, though not
– Demonstrated experience executing public relations plans.
– Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
About: Fleishman-Hillard Inc., one of the worlds leading public
relations firms, has built its reputation by using strategic
communications to deliver what its clients value most: meaningful,
positive, and measurable impact on the performance of their
organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client
service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and
personal commitment. The global agency operates in 80 owned offices
throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South
Africa, and Latin America. Fleishman-Hillard is a part of Omnicom Group
Inc. (NYSE:OMC). For more information, visit fleishman.com.
Fleishman-Hillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Contact: Vicki Allen, Senior Manager, Talent Development,
Fleishman-Hillard at Vicki.Allen@fleishman.com