The Episcopal Academy
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Assistant Director will join a highly collaborative team of communicators and will help to design and execute strategic marketing and communications efforts that support the school in achieving critical engagement and fundraising goals. In addition to planning and tactical execution, the Assistant Director serves as one of the primary writers for school publications and other materials.
The Assistant Director of Communications:
1. Assists in identifying, crafting, and sharing compelling stories and important information with key constituents through various channels and media.
2. Serves as managing editor of school publications (Connections magazine and Annual Report), overseeing editorial calendar, content development, design, production, and fulfillment of annual school publications.
3. Effectively manages the school’s brand by ensuring all materials, including web pages, social media accounts, collateral, mailings, signage, etc., contain consistent messaging and design and are updated frequently.
4. Partners with members of the Office of Institutional Advancement to provide counsel and superior execution of marketing and communications efforts that support their goals.
5. Supports the Head of School and other school leaders with strategic communications, which may include speaking remarks, presentations, letters, newsletters, articles, etc.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
• Is kid-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
• Embodies and lives The Stripes.
• Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
• Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
• Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
• Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field
• 5+ years experience in marketing or communications
• Experience in academic and/or non-profit fundraising preferred
• Experience with campaign fundraising preferred
• Superior writing skills with the ability to easily adapt style to suit different audiences and channels
• Intimate knowledge of digital marketing and social media best practices
• Working knowledge of website content management systems and email marketing platforms
• Demonstrated success managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to remain flexible and to react and adapt to changing situations and new opportunities appropriately
• Demonstrated curiosity, creativity, analytical thinking skills, complex problem-solving skills, and growth mindset
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting the following materials as separate PDFs via email to email@example.com. Please include “Assistant Director of Communications” in the email subject line.
• Cover letter expressing interest in this position;
• Current résumé;
• Two to four writing samples
• List of three references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each
Application deadline: Ongoing
Position start date: Immediate