DeFazio Communications, a Suburban Philadelphia PR and communications firm, is seeking a high-energy creative PR professional to support a diverse portfolio of clients. Candidate must have proven research, writing and interpersonal communications skills. Experience in an agency and pitching media required. The Associate Account Executive will provide daily project management support of clients’ business. Specific duties include building media lists, researching industries, writing press releases and creating & pitching stories to the media. Ideal candidate is a go-getter—someone looking to make their mark in public relations field. Working in a boutique firm, you will perform real world, hands-on public relations work from day one.
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or another
related field with 1-2 years of agency experience should apply.
Desired skills and experience include:
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Track record of media placements
• Experience with digital media platforms
• Knowledge of CRM and media databases
• Ability to work quickly under pressure
• Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
• Essential problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage individual projects
• Experience with media monitoring tools a plus
Position include the following competitive benefits: health care, dental and flex time.
Please send resume, references, two writing samples and email cover note stating why you’re the person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org