Charon Planning, a growing employee benefits consulting and brokerage firm and recipient of The Philadelphia Business Journal’s Best Place to Work for six consecutive years, is seeking a communication consultant.
• Planning, writing and designing innovative communications material for Employee Benefit Consulting clients including employee/employer newsletters, ad-hoc letters, brochures, benefit plan descriptions for employees and white papers
• Planning and researching topics for communication initiatives
• Determining communication objectives and developing strategies for new and existing clients
• Reviewing and editing communications material prepared by our consulting teams to ensure appropriate writing style and graphical effectiveness
• Ad-hoc projects including sales and marketing initiatives
• Advanced writing skills (AP style guidelines)
• Creative aptitude for design and layout of employer and employee communication pieces
• Windows and Macintosh proficient. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator; Dreamweaver and Flash Player experience desirable but not required
• Superior project management and team skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
• Detail-oriented; excellent editing skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment; will interact with all levels of consulting and sales/marketing teams to bring various communication projects to completion
• Effective presentation skills
Education and experience requirements:
• A BS/BA Degree in Liberal Arts, English, Communications or related field (or equivalent work experience)
• 2-5 years of related experience
• Experience with graphic design, page layout, photo editing and print processes
• Knowledge of the employee benefit business is desirable but not required; candidate will be expected to develop a solid understanding of Charon Planning’s consulting processes.
We offer competitive salary and benefits. Send resume and salary requirements via email to careers@Charon.nfp.com or send to Charon Planning HR Department, 2600 Kelly Road, Suite 300, Warrington, PA 18976.