New Jersey’s third largest Reform congregation seeks a part-time communications assistant. Great opportunity to flex your creative muscles, show your layout/design savvy and deliver earned media results. This is a 20-hour/week position, with an average of 3 days in the office.
Newsletter editor: Ensures quality and timely production of The Light, TE’s monthly print and electronic newsletter including collecting content writing stories, scheduling/placing ads, determining artwork and managing production through mailing.
External communications: Writes calendar listings, news releases and/or pitch letters, distributes and conducts media follow up and builds with members of the media.
Internal communications: Creates flyers, e-blasts, website content, letters and more.
Skills and Capabilities
• Design: Proficiency with layout of various marketing communications tactics. Must have a good eye, and pay keen attention to page layout and details including color, cropping, font styles and sizes, lighting, etc.
• Writing: Excellent writer with the flexibility to create content for news and for promotion, and to communicate with various internal and external audiences.
• Project Management: Ability to take a project from concept to completion, juggle various priorities and develop realistic action plans. Highly organized.
• Interpersonal Skills: Outgoing self-starter with the ability to successfully work both independently and as part of a team.
• Innovative Problem Solver: Seeks new ways to manage projects, pro-actively resolves problems and troubleshoots in a timely manner.
• Flexibility: Adapts easily to changes and works well with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders: board members, clergy, congregants, professional staff and volunteers.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, English writing, marketing, or PR.
• Must be proficient in MS Office, especially MS Publisher
• 1-3 years of professional communications experience
• Working knowledge of Constant Contact and Adobe Suite preferred
NOTE: Candidates who do not have graphic/layout experience will not be considered.
Send resume and cover letter, one writing sample and one layout to: firstname.lastname@example.org