Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week, salaried position with comprehensive benefits
This is a unique opportunity to support communication, marketing, and PR efforts within a vibrant, active, and inclusive community of Christian faith. The position requires a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in nonprofit or church communications or a related field.
The communications manager will help foster open communication and collaboration among Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church’s clergy, staff and members, so that we effectively convey the mission and work of the church and engage and inspire current members, potential members and the community at large.
• Developing and implementing a strategy for internal and external communications, marketing, and PR that enables best use of resources, cross-church coordination, and best practices for reaching constituents.
• Writing, editing, and producing timely, high-quality communications of all types, in print, social media, e-communications, video, and the web.
• Creating and executing plans for internal and external PR for church events, including concerts, community speakers, and volunteer opportunities.
• Becoming a knowledgeable source on our ministries and activities, communications cycle and church seasons, mission and goals, Presbyterian theological principles and BMPC’s “voice.”
• Strengthening and overseeing identity guidelines and editorial standards; adopting best practices for consistency, professionalism, and quality in look as well as message across church communications.
• Developing and managing the communications budget, a full-time communications staff member, and third-party vendor relationships; working closely and effectively with volunteers, including the volunteer-driven Communications Committee.
The manager must be
• a superior writer, editor, and communicator with intuitive skill.
• a strategic and proactive thinker and planner with excellent skills in project management .
• an effective manager, able to make smart use of the communications budget and resources available.
• a strong supervisor with good people skills.
• a collaborative and kind team member, with a strong work ethic.
Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications or a related field
• Five or more years of experience managing nonprofit or church communications.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign
• Experienced user of content management systems (Joomla a plus), social media and online tools.
How to Apply: Send resume and writing/portfolio samples to Pam Lloyd at email@example.com References required.