The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing all general and specialized communication efforts of the organization for both internal and external audiences. The coordinator will organize and manage the development and production of communication and marketing vehicles, including general correspondence, presentations, publications, web content and other materials for all organization initiatives and programs. In this capacity, the coordinator works closely with the Administrator, Board leadership, and the Communications Committee, as well as key stakeholders, in promoting the purpose and value of the organization’s certification and maintenance of certification processes.
- Write, edit and produce the content of communication and marketing vehicles targeted at all organization audiences, including the public, certification candidates, diplomates, medical organizations and institutions, and Board Directors. Develop and design collateral materials, such as newsletters, press releases, letters, brochures, webinars, and manuals, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology Coordinator on the design, content and functionality of the organization’s public and secure websites.
- Assist Board leadership, committee chairs and directors in the creation of organization-related journal/newsletter articles, editorials, speeches and/or presentations as needed.
- Serve as support staff member on the organization Communications Committee.
- Assist with the creation and compilation of agendas, minutes, reports, etc. for the Board of Directors.
- Plan and organize the logistics of the organization’s booth presence at specialty society meetings and other public events.
- Liaison and network with key organization allies; and other medical and specialty boards and societies, as appropriate. Cultivate and strengthen working relationships and identify opportunities for increased partnership and collaboration.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Perform general office and administrative duties.
- Work with administrator to develop and implement an annual strategic communications plan that supports the mission and goals of the organization, specifically marketing the rigor and value of the maintenance of certification process. Define measurable communication objectives and monitor outcomes.
- Establish and adhere to an organization specific style guide for communications and publications.
Qualifications to include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field
- Proven writing abilities; ability to write with a focus on accuracy in terms of grammar, style and content
- Web and electronic communications experience
- Design experience in both written and web communications
- Experience in web site development with regard to functionality, content and ESO a plus. (not programming)
- Comprehensive computer skills, ie. Microsoft Office, desktop publishing software