Company: The Episcopal Academy
Job Title: Communications Intern
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Job Description: The Communications Intern will provide critical support to the Communications Office by assisting with editorial planning and development, archival organization, market and competitive research, departmental report compilation, and administrative duties. This position is an unpaid internship but is available for students pursuing credit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage school’s photograph archive and fulfill requests for photos from other offices and groups
• Manage the office’s database of key contacts including media, partners, vendors, etc.
• Conduct research, as directed, on market trends, comparable schools and programs, media targets, communications best practices, etc.
• Provide ongoing proofreading support
• Assist in creation of digital communications, including e-newsletters, social media updates, etc.
• Assist in drafting and posting news articles to school website
• Assist in quality assurance of data and deployment of direct marketing initiatives
• Assist in monitoring traditional and social media channels for school coverage
• Assist in analysis and reporting of key marketing and communications performance metrics
• Assist in ordering business cards, stationery, and office supplies
– Actively pursuing bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
– Must complete all necessary criminal background clearances, including fingerprinting
– Strong writing and research skills
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Able to effectively multi-task across projects and set priorities
– Presents professional demeanor at all times
– Highly organized and detail-oriented
– Graphic design and/or photography experience, a plus
– Minimum of 15 hours per week on-site at The Episcopal Academy
– Schedule, hours, and length of internship are flexible as related to requirements for intern credits. Ideal length would be Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter terms (12-16 weeks)
How to Apply: Send a letter of interest or resume to Michele Godin at email@example.com