Communications Intern – Philadelphia, PA
Moore College of Art & Design
We are looking for a non-paid intern to work part-time, twice weekly during the Spring semester in the Communications Office.
• Assist with writing and proofing of short pieces for the College magazine
• Assist with writing and posting news or calendar items to the website and the College
• social media pages
• Assist with generating story ideas
• Assist with photography at events and in the classroom
• Assist in developing and updating public relations resource manuals (media contact list, PR packets) and writing occasional press releases and calendar announcements.
• Perform other administrative tasks as necessary including filing newspaper clippings, preparing media reports, organizing periodical inventories, faxing of media releases, and reviewing newspapers, magazines and blogs for Moore mentions.
• Must be actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a university public relations, marketing, communications, advertising, journalism, English or other related program
• Ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, such as press releases, calendar announcements and public service announcements
• Understanding of basic media relations skills
• Ability to interact professionally with students, faculty and staff
• Good judgment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of Photoshop preferred but not required
• Knowledge of Cision a plus
• Good communications and time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced office
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Michele Cohen, Assistant Director of
Communications, Moore College of Art & Design, 20th Street and The Parkway, Philadelphia,
PA 19103-1179; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Level: current student or bachelor’s degree