ABIM Foundation is seeking a Communications Intern for the Fall
Semester reporting to John Held, Director of Communications.
Estimated Hours: 10 – 12 per week (unpaid)
Length of Internship: Fall Semester: September 2012 – December 2012
(start and end dates negotiable)
– Provide communications support to the Foundations Choosing WiselyÂ®
– Monitoring and collecting stories in mass, trade, blog and social
media outlets about Choosing Wisely
– Recommend communications opportunities including tweets, Facebook
messages and blog posts
-Research communications channels (blogs, websites, social media) of
the Choosing Wisely campaign partners and develop a report on their
current communications outreach and recommend additional opportunities
– Drafting copy for Web, social media and blog posts
– Monitor social media, mass media, and trade publications for stories
about or mentioning ABIM Foundation and:
– Collect and organize relevant stories
– Make recommendations to the Director of Communications for engagement
opportunities through Twitter, Facebook, blogs or other websites
– Draft copy for Web, social media and blog posts
– Identify potential articles to react to and promote new ideas for
posts on The Medical Professionalism Blog. May provide support to guest
bloggers. Provides proofreading and editing support to blog as needed.
Qualifications: College students currently enrolled in an accredited
institution and pursuing a degree in public relations, communications or
marketing are encouraged to apply to this internship.
Contact: Send your resume and cover letter stating why you are
interested in this internship to John Held, Director of Communications,
ABIM Foundation at email@example.com by Tuesday, September 11, 2012.