QVC, the world’s leading video and ecommerce retailer, seeks dynamic people to join our team. If you are a Communications professional with strong financial relations/communications experience looking for a new challenge at a fast-paced and growing company, we want to hear from you.
We want people who desire to work for an entrepreneurial company that is reinventing the digital shopping experience in markets around the world. Our dramatically expanding and unique product mix showcases the most desired, progressive and fashionable brands. We provide award-winning service to satisfy millions of the most savvy and engaged customers, who make up our global shopping community.
- Lead the development and execution of financial communications and internal business/associate communications.
- This position will work closely with Director, Corporate Communications, the Director, Internal Communications and Corporate Events, the Global CEO, Global CFO, country CEOs and CFOs, other QVC leaders worldwide, and senior executives at Liberty Interactive to ensure that investors and associates have a clear understanding of QVC’s financial performance, business strategy and initiatives.
- Responsibilities include the conceptual planning, implementation and execution of financial communications and internal communications to deliver integrated, high-impact messages in a timely, strategic and compelling manner.
- Help shape the narrative around QVC’s financial performance to enhance the company’s image with the investment community and increase shareholder value.
- Create communications that engage associates in senior management’s vision and help associates understand their role in contributing to the long-term success of the business.
- This person should have the ability to create fresh, innovative communication approaches, and consistently execute superbly, quickly and efficiently.
- They must have strong content creation and writing skills and have the ability to edit effectively. They must be able to communicate effectively so that the content of the message is understood and influential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with QVC management to gain a clear understanding of the company’s financial/business objectives and results and translate into investor narrative, communications and plans.
- Develop appropriate investor-facing communication tools and platforms.
- Develop comprehensive investor-facing communication plans to articulate objectives, calendar of communications rollout and associated events, formulation of consistent look and feel, and key message points.
- Write and produce a wide range of financial communications materials included but not limited to earnings scripts, earnings releases, earnings messages for associates, investor conference presentations/scripts, Q&A prep documents, investor letters, etc.
- Recommend appropriate financial data that can be used to illustrate/support key aspects of the QVC narrative.
- Plan and stage key investor events, such as QVC’s biannual Investor Day.
- Lead QVC’s contribution to Liberty Interactive investor events, such as the QVC booth and CEO presentation for Liberty’s NYC Investor Conference.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of investor messaging is seeded in all appropriate touchpoints.
- Partner with QVC management to gain a clear understanding of business objectives and initiatives and translate to internal communication objectives and plan.
- Develop appropriate internal communication tools and platforms. Leverage existing enterprise communication channels (myQVC, Sharepoint).
- Develop comprehensive internal communication plans to articulate objectives, calendar of communications rollout and associated events, formulation of consistent look and feel, and key message points.
- Develop storytelling within communication channels as a way to perpetuate the culture and values of the organization.
- Review, support, and integrate Q Perspectives employee survey findings into communications.
- Write and produce a wide range of internal communications materials included but not limited to management letters, employee newsletter, day-to-day announcements, management talking points, leader blogs, flip videos, presentations, surveys, etc.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of internal messaging is seeded in all appropriate touchpoints.
- Effectively prioritize projects and manage expectations of deliverables.
- Standardize work processes.
- Develop and manage budget.
Measure and Improve Overall Quality and Effectiveness
- Establish measures for success.
- Effectively track and integrate learnings and implications into next set of decisions.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of messaging is seeded in all appropriate touchpoints.
Coaching and Development
- Manage day–to-day activities of team.
- Prioritize projects and oversee progress of assignments.
- Provide approvals and coaching to accomplish projects within established high standards of department.
- Foster a coaching rich environment where team takes informed risks, learn from their experiences, are highly accountable and have stretch opportunities for personal growth and development.
Cross Functional Representation
- Ensure alignment with Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Marketing, and Public Relations, as well as Liberty Interactive.
- Represent Internal Communication in corporate cross-functional communications initiatives and committees.
Specific Job Knowledge
- Investor-relations-level financial acumen and knowledge of what motivates/resonates with the investment community. Able to translate financial objectives/results into a powerful narrative for investors and analysts. Must possess the expertise and poise to engage in sophisticated, direct dialog with Finance executives, be accepted as a peer, and help the team get to the right communication solutions.
- Business knowledge– strong business acumen.
- Drive for Results– Demonstrates initiative, problem-solving and organizational abilities, strategic thinker.
- Verbal, Written and Editing skills– Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. Must be able to write in a variety of styles for a variety of formats in a way that is engaging, accurate, and appropriate.
- People and Organizational Effectiveness– Must have the ability to build effective relationships built on mutual respect. The Manager, Internal Communication, should be viewed as a trusted advisor by leaders within the company. Must exhibit exceptional influencing and collaborative skills. Demonstrate tact and diplomacy. Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Execution– Must possess the ability to successfully determine communication objectives and develop and operationalize a communication plan. Demonstrate creativity in thinking and dealing with nebulous, fluid, and changing situations. Strong attention to detail and negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in a communications role within a corporation or agency. Experience with investor-facing communications required. Experience with global brands and retail industry knowledge is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are a cornerstone of this position; the ideal candidate will have experience with the full range of communications best practices, and the ability to understand, simplify, and communicate complex technical business performance and financial data into clear external communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels and proven collaborative project management skills.
- Self-starter who can lead a project from start to finish.
- Strong understanding of and experience with the communication needs of investors and analysts.
- The ability to execute a project with outstanding judgment and maturity while operating with the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrate a very high level of energy, creativity and flexibility with excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or the equivalent combination of education and training; strong financial knowledge.
Prefer strategic business leader, facilitating clients and the business overall to achieve objectives and improve effectiveness.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation attributed to the Liberty Interactive Group (Nasdaq: LINTA), is one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 200 million homes worldwide. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. With operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Italy, and a joint venture in China, West Chester, Pa.-based QVC has shipped more than a billion packages in its 25+ year history. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
If interested, apply to: if interested to apply to www.QVC.com/careers