Company: Music Business Association
Job Title: Communications & Media Relations Assistant
Location: Marlton, NJ
Job Description: Entrench yourself in the business of music by submitting today to be part of the Music Business Association’s (Music Biz) dynamic, fast-paced Communications & Marketing team. As the music industry’s premier trade organization, Music Biz provide educational resources and networking opportunities to all facets of the music business through our events and online services. Our community spans the full spectrum of the industry with companies such as Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Pandora, Sony Music Entertainment, SoundCloud, Spotify, Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, YouTube, among many others. The Association’s year-round work culminates annually at its 4-day flagship event — the Music Biz conference. The event brings together 2,200+ industry executives and enthusiasts in Nashville for panels, private meetings, mixers, workshops, keynotes, and much more.
Music Biz is seeking a full-time Communications & Media Relations Assistant to create social, email and website content; draft member and media releases; create media ad trades; and traffic all speaker assets. The Assistant will be responsible for reinforcing the Association’s brand across all written assets.
Responsibilities & Learning Opportunities:
• Draft email communications; website and social posts; and media releases.
• Interface with industry media through ad trade solicitation and story pitch opportunities.
• Collect content for the web site’s homepage and daily email feeds.
• Review and update web site to ensure accurate display of information surrounding the Association’s products and services.
• Solicit members for Job Center content.
• Collect and organize speaker assets, as well as edit bios for online and print.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of professional experience and MUST display:
• Proven writing skills — with ability to adapt messages for social, media, and email other types of communications
• Strong organizational skills.
• A deep knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Professional phone etiquette.
• Basic knowledge working in WordPress.
The following skills are a PLUS for candidates:
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Music industry knowledge
Salary/Job Requirements: This position offers a competitive salary. Healthcare benefits are available for the employee after 30 day review period. Opportunity to participate in company 401K program with employer match after one year of employment.
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, referencing “Comm/MR Assistant” in the email subject. References and writing samples will be needed if candidate is asked for a face-to-face interview.