Bring your communication experience to this high-visibility role where you’ll own many facets of our internal communications plan. You’ll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills as you work on a variety of projects that span the company across all functional areas and levels, including working directly with company executives. As the Communications Specialist, you will assist the Marketing and Communications Department with stakeholder reports, employee communications, online channel management, brand management, and more.
As part of the team, you will have opportunity to learn and grow. If an entrepreneurial environment appeals to you, where innovative ideas are welcome and you can see your ideas come to fruition, then this could be the right role for you.
Newspaper Support Services, Inc. (NSS) works closely with newspapers to understand their business imperatives and challenges. We help them identify ways to improve their business operations and technological capabilities so that they continue to remain competitive in their markets. Providing newspapers with measurable business results, NSS focuses on increasing cost savings. Our approach is collaborative. We offer business processes, technology support, project management, benchmarking, and analytics that result in cost savings and process improvements.
Pictured: NSS offers an entrepreneurial environment that fosters innovative thinking and creative solutions.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, marketing/sales, public relations or communications, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years business experience in a communications, public relations, or marketing arena. Proven experience in corporate communications and writing.
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills, with the ability to provide diverse writing samples.
- Strong presentation and presentation development skills to pull information together for a coherent presentation, and the ability to write speaker notes.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; proficiency with Excel is a plus.
- The ability to multitask to adeptly manage multiple projects, with the ability to manage your own projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media, or with layout and design software, is a plus.