Location: King of Prussia, PA
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Communications Specialist functions as a communications business partner, assisting multiple departments in AmeriGas’ corporate offices with planning, scheduling, creating and launching communications to a variety of internal customers and audiences. The Communications Specialist works to inform, engage and inspire AmeriGas employees by connecting messages to the company’s business objectives and guiding principles, tailoring them to be most relevant and appealing for each impacted audience.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills with high customer service standards.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the aptitude for working with all levels of the organization to execute on communications, projects, meetings and other tasks.
• Proven oral and written communication skills, including the ability to quickly collect required information, package into clear and concise communications, and deliver to the correct audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts in assigned corporate departments.
• Determine a cadence for proactively touching base with key contacts regarding their communications needs, including attending staff meetings and setting up other regular conversations.
• Ensure departments’ upcoming communications and / or field action needs are represented on the company’s planning calendars.
• Partner with the Operations team to act as an advocate for the field organization when coordinating project implementations and other communications requests from functional teams, identifying opportunities to best time their launch and connect them with other related initiatives.
• Recommend a communication strategy for each of the projects, programs and events launching to the field or larger organization; create a comprehensive communication plan, detailing the impacted audiences, appropriate vehicles and timing; also, facilitate cross-departmental collaboration as necessary.
• Guide departmental contacts on crafting communications that connect back to the company’s guiding principles, are tailored for different audiences – clearly conveying why the information is relevant to that group – and comply with overall company messaging and stylistic standards.
• Edit and / or review communications for a variety of internal customers. Coordinate distribution across the appropriate communication channels to the impacted internal audiences.
• Support the use and continued development of various communications mediums (company intranet, task-management system, e-newsletters, video, etc.), recommending others as appropriate.
• Manage the start-to-finish production and distribution of a monthly printed newsletter.
• Work under the guidance of the Manager – Communications to assess ongoing effectiveness of communications and make improvements as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate, and collaborate, effectively and in a positive manner across all levels of the organization.
• A firm grasp of grammatical and stylistic standards set by the Associated Press.
• An adaptable writing style that can be tailored by audience and medium.
• The ability to work independently and show initiative.
• Working knowledge of newsletter layout and graphic design is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products is required; understanding of Microsoft SharePoint is preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
• 5-7 years in communications positions, preferably in a corporate setting.
• Project management and process improvement experience required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, Public Relations or similar discipline.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Interested candidates may apply here.