MISTRAS Group, Inc. in Princeton Junction, NJ is seeking a Communications Specialist, with Content Writing experience for a full-time, non-managerial position. Working within the Marketing Communications Department, the Communications Specialist will collect, research, prepare, proofread and disseminate information regarding the organization through many forms of media, and help maintain a favorable image for the organization.
The ideal candidate will be process-oriented, conceptually driven, and possess the ability to work collaboratively in a technical setting. He/she will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and will be a proven problem solver and a creative thinker who can learn new skills while leveraging past experiences. Good interpersonal and team building skills are a must. Due to the fluidity of the position, the candidate must be able to easily build rapport with new people on a constant basis.
Major Responsibilities/Activities: The Communications Specialist – Content Writer should have all of the following qualifications:
– Collect information, research, write, review, and proofread material, such as: press releases, internal announcements, newsletters, articles, internal/external publications, website, and other moderate and complex communication materials and collateral.
– Develop, maintain and engage in extensive communications with a variety of media outlets, industry associations, and other organizations, and secure spots/media coverage for the company in mid and top-tier mediums.
– Execute media opportunities from start-to-finish, coordinating with partners, customers and executives and subject matter experts to set up, prepare and hold the interview, follow up with the media, and ensure that the content is appropriately tracked and communicated internally and externally once complete.
– Develop and execute PR tactics – media pitches, news releases, social media content.
– Develop public relations strategies in conjunction with the Marketing Communications Manager to influence public opinion and promote our image and the business.
– Develop a social media plan, from creating content for corporate social accounts and empowering subject matter experts on social channels to building relationships with relevant social media influencers and participating in targeted communities.
– Developing new methods, systems, and procedures in conjunction with the Marketing Communications Manager to improve the speed and quality of internal and external communications.
– Update content on internal website(s) to be used as a reliable, communication resource and recommending actions to achieve organizational and future program objectives and improvements.
– Supportive of confidentiality.
Minimum Requirements, Experience/Proficiencies: The Communications Specialist – Content Writer should have all of the following qualifications:
– College degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field.
– Three or more years of related work experience in an agency or B2B/B2G corporate setting; work in an industrial/engineering firm a plus, and/or a public company a strong plus!
– Strong command of the English language, with significant knowledge/experience using AP style guides.
– Strong knowledge of media and communication vehicles, including print, television, radio, and electronic/online media.
– Significant experience in writing, and editing technical documentation, such as brochures, technical articles, white papers, user manuals, proposals, and other material for a wide range of use.
– Experience in making and landing successful media pitches.
– Demonstrates flexibility and strong organizational, project management, time management, and multitasking skills.
– Excellent presentation, verbal communication, writing and editing skills.
– Expert knowledge and skill in the use of MS Office programs, especially Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and other applicable office automation products.
– Proficient in using Adobe programs, especially InDesign, and Photoshop; familiar with RoboHelp.
– Experience with standardization and quality control of deliverables.
– Proficient with collaboration tools, such as wikis, blogs, and Microsoft SharePoint.
– Skilled in tracking, measuring and reporting PR metrics.
Attributes: The Communications Specialist – Content Writer should have all/most of the following qualifications:
– Ability to understand specifications, requirements, and technical information used to develop and articulate into newsworthy angles and content that is both easily understood by others and relevant to the success of the business.
– Ability to collaborate with programmers, engineers, graphic designers, and project managers during all phases to gain an understanding of a project and communicate with some technical acuity.
– Dedication to producing high-quality documentation and communications.
– Imagination, enthusiasm and a positive attitude – participatory style, high energy, and a bias for action.
– Ability to apply a detail-oriented, process-focused approach to new projects.
– Adept at working collaboratively in a team environment while also displaying independence, initiative, ownership, and enterprise under even high pressure environments.
– Capable of thinking conceptually and provides unexpected solutions to complex issues.
– Ability to work well with all levels in the organization and be a collaborative/team player.
– Fast and resourceful in collecting content from necessary parties.
– Familiarity with current media and industry trends and methodologies.
– Established relationships with local and regional media contacts – a strong plus!
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Contact: Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and include PR-PRSA Philly in the Subject line of your e-mail