Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s Internship Program, targets college sophomores, juniors and seniors who have at least one summer available to work full-time prior to graduating. This program is specifically designed to help students expand their experience and understanding of Aramark’s operations and businesses and leadership in preparation for our full time Accelerate to Leadership Program upon graduation. The Internship Program equips students with the tools and exposures that will assist them in successfully navigating the many diverse areas of business at Aramark. Interns will be given the opportunity to enrich and nourish lives in the communities we serve through hands-on meaningful management experiences!
The Community Relations Intern is part of the Communications and Public Affairs group and will report to the Manager of Community Relations. This position will support community relations programs, events and research primarily focused on the enterprise philanthropic and volunteer program, Aramark Building Community (ABC). Through ABC we enrich and nourish lives by improving family health and wellness and helping people succeed in the workplace, in partnership with local community centers.
• Primary responsibilities will be to support the planning and execution of Aramark Building Community Day, our global day of service on September 20. Assist in creating internal communications materials, supporting collateral, photography, promotions and other communications aspects of the event.
• Help measure and report employee engagement including ABC Day leveraging our Community Involvement web portal.
• Support social media content development and outreach.
• Assist with event planning including logistics, communications, and other components.
• Provide research and benchmarking support for various initiatives which could include Global Volunteer programs, Executive Board Programs, Disaster Relief and others.
• Involved in data management, client/employee surveys and measurement evaluation.
• Responsible for successfully completing daily tasks and/or project work assigned by manager
• Completion of milestones and experiences as outlined in your program learning plan
• Must be enrolled in a four year bachelor’s program at an accredited college/university. Communications, Marketing or Business majors preferred.
• Available to work 40 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer, beginning no later than June 1st.
• Strong organizational, time management and leadership skills are required.
• Writing, social media, public relations and other communications skills necessary.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to work well independently.
• Career interest in corporate community relations, non-profit work or philanthropy.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with Aramark leaders and external community organizations.
• The ability to respond effectively to changing demands
• Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
• Previous experience preferred
• Flexibility for location or event-based hours.
If interested, send your resume and introductory letter to: Owens-Rebecca@Aramark.com