Job Location: Collegeville, Pa.
Company: Ursinus College
In this new position, the Creative Director will conceptualize and develop visually-compelling design solutions for the college’s most visible marketing materials. This individual will think creatively and unconventionally, enjoy collaboration and champion a consistent brand across all print, web and digital platforms. The Creative Director will also appreciate the unique characteristics of the upcoming generation, and have insight into what motivates and compels them.
Ursinus College’s national reputation is on the rise. It continues to be among one of 40 “Colleges that Change Lives,” and was ranked #32 this past September by The New York Times as one of the nation’s “Most Economically Diverse Top Colleges” for its commitment to accessibility.
Responsibilities: The Creative Director will be a graphic designer leading the design and development of high-profile materials for admissions, advancement, alumni affairs and other key stakeholders. The individual will also act as a consultant to internal clients, making recommendations and providing feedback to campus partners responsible for department-level marketing efforts. The ability to build and maintain relationships is important; this is a high visibility position that will have to balance many requests in a cordial, confident and straightforward manner.
• Directs the visual branding of the college and works to oversee the re-positioning of all college creative beginning with the 2015-2016 academic year. This person will ensure the Ursinus brand and identity is carried forward, across all materials, in a cohesive and contemporary manner.
• Designs marketing and editorial materials WITH BOTH print and digital formats in mind, allowing us to repackage content creatively and effectively.
• Maintains a high proficiency in all current design software (particularly Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). Working ability of HTML/CSS and digital publishing experience a plus.
• Stays informed on emerging technologies, industry trends and best practices, and communicates those developments in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner.
• Proactively manages the design resources and workflow of communications projects to make sure that all deadlines are met with high quality work that builds the Ursinus brand.
• Communicate progress to clients, vendors and team members to ensure project success and to keep project on track.
Personal Attributes: This individual will be a team-player who appreciates the value of the liberal arts. We’re looking for a graphic designer who can develop best practices, is open to ideas, is forward-thinking and WHO LIKES TO HAVE FUN. The individual must be personable and positive, scrappy and willing to challenge current conventions—exhibiting a strong design foundation and “design-thinking” abilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five to seven years’ experience
• Well versed in the design principles for both print and web materials
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced working environment with a high volume of design requests requiring quick turnaround time.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with a proven record of meeting deadlines.
• Ability to provide financially sound design options
• This position requires exceptional graphic design skills and the ability to master rapidly changing technologies with the expectation that training in new software and/or technologies will be provided.
• This position also requires an online portfolio showcasing both print and digital executions.
Ursinus College is an AA/EO Employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law with respect to all aspects of employment.
Salary, Hours, Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please submit a letter of interest, a resume, and three references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Human Resources Office). We will review applications as received and will continue to do so until the position is filled.