Vanguard’s story is one of the most extraordinary ones in the mutual fund business. From its start in 1975 as a bold new experiment, Vanguard has grown to become one of the world’s largest and most trusted fund firms. The company, headquartered outside Philadelphia in Malvern, Pa., is admired for its strong culture and the impact that the Vanguard crew have on the communities where they live and work. We take pride in having helped millions of clients accomplish their financial goals. To further enhance our client’s experience, Vanguard is seeking an expert level Design Strategist to provide design consultation, research, and analysis for all media channels. You’ll support an assigned client-base and advocate strategic design solutions and capabilities to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as primary design consultant and central point-of-contact for creative team, stakeholders, and decision-makers. Leads design team in collaborative development of multichannel communications.
• Leverages technical expertise to research and develop ideas and strategies from all media channels (e.g., print, digital, multimedia, etc.) to envision systemic design solutions that benefit the overall client-experience. Is accountable for overall implementation of visual experience for assigned book of business.
• Maintains advanced knowledge of all Vanguard programs, businesses, and offerings. Cultivates advanced understanding of design at Vanguard and the industry, including both new- and existing-media delivery channels.
• Actively contributes to brand management design initiatives. Influences and supports the development of new design standards and helps maintain existing standards across the department.
• Proposes and promotes graphic-consistency, standards, and accuracy for both custom and Vanguard branded communications.
• Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage a large number of highly complex projects with multiple clients simultaneously.
• Works with design manager, peers, and other teams to ensure department productivity by providing functional support when needed.
• Demonstrates commitment to process excellence and individual performance and development.
• Leads and/or participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS, BFA and/or Masters) in Graphic Design or an equivalent combination of training and experience required.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in a design art direction, advertising, or communications environment with progressively increasing levels of responsibility. Please include your portfolio with application.
• Ability to persuade and influence across teams and at all management levels.
• Experience translating complex client/business problems into effective systemic design solutions.
• Experience conducting design-research, -analysis, and promoting strategic design efforts.
• Advanced knowledge of graphic design practices and concepts including: Abstract conceptualization and visualization; user centered, web, and rich media design; and experience using graphic style guides
• Advanced knowledge of IT platforms: Macintosh; Microsoft Windows 7; Web
• Advanced knowledge of design and graphics production software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
• Strong portfolio required.
• Limited travel