The Digital Engagement Manager will drive strategy, planning, and execution of highly visible digital communications for ASTM International, a global nonprofit with a wide range of stakeholders. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, this position will produce/craft compelling social media, audiovisual communications (video), high-level web content, and more. The position requires strong and nimble content development skills that reflect a deep understanding of best practices in digital and integrated communications. This person will embody a proactive and collaborative approach as part of a dynamic communications team. This person will be expected to work cross-functionally to identify and champion creative ideas, messages, and stories that strengthen ASTM’s online and mobile engagement with members, customers, the media, employees, other key stakeholders, and the at-large public.
• Execute multi-platform strategies to strengthen ASTM’s digital engagement with an array of stakeholders: members, the media, the general public, customers, and more.
• Implement digital engagement tactics that are fully integrated with Corporate Communications products as well as other ASTM efforts in committee operations, membership, marketing, etc.
• Identify areas of opportunity for new content that advances organizational goals (eg., launching new activities, highlighting success stories, advancing key organization-wide priorities, etc.)
• Identify opportunities to repurpose existing content from ASTM departments as well as external sources.
• Provide editorial guidance and specific content updates to ensure that the ASTM homepage and other high-profile pages reflect a dynamic organization and ensure a strong user experience.
• Build strong relationships with colleagues to ensure that compelling activities and news gain visibility across external communications channels.
• Establish and track meaningful metrics on digital engagement.
• Optimize social media content and channels, incorporating best practices and new technology. This could include re-envisioning and/or launching new channels and/or applications.
• Direct, edit, and/or manage video projects that use ASTM’s new brand identity to highlight organizational priorities, committee launches, small business success stories, etc.
• Help optimize new and high-value content – from Corporate Communications and elsewhere – for search engines, working with IT and others.
• Support internal digital communications as needed.
• Assist in IT, marketing, design, and other cross-functional projects.
• Manage deadline-oriented projects as necessary, creating budgets, timelines, etc
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, digital/online/social media, public relations, strategic communications, marketing, or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in multi-platform (social media, video, web, digital marketing, etc) content development. Proven results in driving online engagement.
• Excellent/punchy writing and editing skills.
• Creative and strategic thinker. Ability to demonstrate how a creative idea is backed by data/evidence.
• Demonstrated understanding of the integration of digital media with traditional corporate communications activities.
• Knowledge of web-enabled technologies, as well as existing and emerging social networking tools, technologies and trends.
• Knowledge of social media and website tools, metrics and analytics.
• Understanding of nonprofit organizations with diverse stakeholders.
• Ability to plan and manage several projects simultaneously.
• Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO).
• Diplomacy, tact and confidence.
• Knowledge of standardization community (preferred).
• Understanding of relationships of social media to site traffic, purchasing/commerce, membership, etc.
• Understanding of video production processes and direction. Experience with video shooting, editing and related software.
• Experience with content management systems.
• Basic knowledge of html, css, xml, web analytics, etc.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to think strategically and implement tactically.
• Vendor management skills.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of personalities.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
If interested, contact Nate Osburn, Director, Corporate Communications, email@example.com
Apply for the job at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=14709081&t