The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Co.
The Director, Corporate Communications will develop and implement high impact integrated communications strategies, plans, and programs to directly support Penn Mutual’s business strategies consistent with our brand, culture, principles, and objectives. The position will provide strategic communications counsel, assessment, team leadership, integrated planning and execution in support of executives, senior business leaders, and functional/cross-functional teams.
• Develop and drive the execution of strategic and tactical communications to support Penn Mutual’s business strategy, corporate and marketing objectives, and business goals.
• Lead and supervise a team of corporate communication and creative communication professionals to develop strategies, plans, and priorities for digital and print corporate and marketing communications.
• Partner with internal and external clients to support corporate communication programs aligned with Penn Mutual’s brand strategy. Establish and direct strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners in order to effectively collaborate on communication strategies and initiatives.
• Influence and counsel business areas as an effective, respected business partner within and across departmental lines. Partner with business leaders to develop strategies, plans, and tactics in support of specific distribution, product, and program priorities.
• Develop strategies, plans and programs for executive and organizational communication priorities for the corporate home office, field leaders, field offices, and field advisers.
• Ensure that communication programs are well planned, managed, and executed, to meet communication objectives for internal partners. Leverage knowledge and thought leadership to develop and execute tactical communication plans with time lines, cost estimates, and metrics that can demonstrate returns on investment.
• Maintain expertise or thought leadership in areas of responsibility, such as product knowledge, technical expertise, trends and competition to add the greatest value to the process.