Afilias is the world’s second largest domain registry, with more than 20 million names under management. Afilias powers a greater variety of top-level domains than any other provider, and will soon support hundreds of new TLDs now preparing for launch. Afilias’ specialized technology makes Internet addresses more accessible and useful through a wide range of applications, including Internet domain registry services, Managed DNS and mobile Web services like goMobi® and DeviceAtlas®. For more information on Afilias services, visit www.afilias.info
Position description: This position incorporates classic media relations/PR (25%) with social media management (75%)
- Purpose: the purpose of this position is to ensure high levels of coverage and awareness of Afilias and its major activities, and to extend Afilias’ position as the leader in technology that makes Internet addresses more accessible and useful
- Plans and executes all global corporate communications programs.
- Develops, recommends and implements the social media strategies for Afilias and its brands, including:
- Managing specific vehicles (e.g. facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc) for each brand based on its target and goals
- Establishing social media budget levels based on brand goals and vehicle availability/cost/effectiveness
- Integrating social media responses into sales processes to generate sales (including channel integration)
- Continuous analysis and improvement; tracking and reporting
- Managing content to ensure a fresh and engaging presence
- Integration of main brand messaging in all social communications
- Management of the social marketing budget
- Support SEO activities across the brands
- Directs multiple vendors including public relations agencies, freelance creative contributors (e.g. writers, designers) and other contractors as needed.
- Executes global media relations programs, including distribution of the firm’s press releases and pro-active pitching to all relevant media.
- Responsible for speakers bureau and editorial calendars.
- Assists in event management and corporate sponsorships.
- Responsible for coordinating updates for all firm activities and news in support of the company’s Web site(s) and other communications vehicles.
- Copy writing including press materials, press releases, Web site copy, articles, blogs, tweets, posts, FAQs, presentations, and other communications collateral as needed.
- Regular reporting on Afilias’ media profile and how it is improving as the company grows
- Coordinate with other members of the marketing and management teams
- Other duties as required to support the needs of Management.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required
- Four year undergraduate degree (BA or BS) preferably in Communications, Journalism, or English.
- 4-10 years of full time experience in technology marketing and public relations, including demonstrated success in social marketing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Familiarity with Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, or other graphical software is helpful.
- Past experience with PR software and basic knowledge of HTML is helpful.
- Must possess the 10 “Afilias What Counts” factors: pragmatic, productive, creative, analytical, initiative, thorough, communications skills, works well with people, persuasive, strategic, and integrity. Written, oral and persuasive communications skills are especially relevant.
- Must be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative, be well organized and able to work well within international and virtual teams.
Please send your resume to email@example.com