Company: The National Disease Research Interchange (NDRI)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Description: Reporting to the President/CEO, the Director of Marketing and Communications serves as a member of NDRI’s Executive Management Team (EMT) and provides leadership, planning and execution for the organization’s strategic communications, content marketing, public relations, and digital marketing, including SEO, SEM, PPC and social and traditional media strategies. He/she is responsible for the development, review and editing of material for the production and execution of NDRI print and digital publications to ensure compelling, targeted content, distinctive artistic appeal, consistent quality, clarity and timely release. He/she oversees all aspects of the production of these materials and publications and will work with contractors involved in the production process including but not limited to designers, printers and mail houses. The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development, execution and management of all aspects of search marketing, including campaign development, expansion, optimization, reporting and recommendations for website improvement based on data analysis.
• Develop and deploy multi-channel marketing and communications strategies to position NDRI as the world leader in the procurement and distribution of human biospecimens.
• Develop and implement marketing plans to support existing programs as well as new product/program introductions.
• Ensures effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
• Develop and implement competitive intelligence methods to monitor NDRI’s market share in the procurement and distribution of human biospecimens.
• Direct and expand areas of marketing and communications as related to customer experience for digital marketing, customer experience, exhibits, web site and social media, press releases, media advisories, exhibits, white papers, webinars, videos, etc.
• Create a unified brand front by facilitating consistency in messaging in all materials throughout the organization.
• Leverage Subject Matter Experts and Executive Management Team for analysis and optimization of meeting NDRI’s supply/demand needs to elevate awareness of organization’s mission and work to key stakeholders.
• Provide talking points, FAQs and other materials as needed to prepare executive team and senior leadership for external communications.
• Design and develop of all proceedings and publications resulting from NDRI sponsored meetings and conferences.
• Maintain editorial control on all marketing and public relations collateral that is released on behalf of the organization.
• Develop and maintain relationships with writers, printers and designers and other vendors to produce materials, including contract negotiation and management.
• Manage public relations activities, preparation and placement of ads, articles and interviews about NDRI.
• Manage Google Analytics and Google Ad Words accounts, including dashboard, filtering and goals.
• Develop, implement and monitor organizational marketing policies and procedures and communicate these across the organization.
• Offer an internal “client service” experience demonstrating the ability to manage priorities while maintaining strong relationship with internal, cross-functional team members.
• Bachelors’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience successfully managing communications and marketing functions.
• Google Analytics Certification preferred.
• Ability to actively and thoughtfully listen to and incorporate ideas to influence strategy and shape content.
• Skilled at identifying and seizing opportunities for an organization to reach key audiences.
• Demonstrated success in crafting a substantive and cohesive set of messages for an organization, which have been successfully communicated to key audiences and resulted in a measurable difference (e.g., elevated profile, broader visibility, increased funding, or donor support) to the organization.
• Proficient knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and email marketing software programs.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with digital marketing, social media, and content marketing; expert in specialized software for social media management and email marketing.
• Demonstrated writing and editorial experience; ability to manage the production process from assigning and editing written materials, to design, layout, printing and delivery.
• Work collaboratively and respectfully with other employees; function as a team player; and accept constructive suggestions for improving job performance.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, at times under tight deadlines.
• Competence in Microsoft computer programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
• Expert in project management practices and software.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
• Experience in the biomedical research and/or health-related fields necessary, with experience in non-profits and/or professional associations a plus.
• Salary – $75,000-$80,000
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com
Web Listing: www.ndriresource.org