Organization: Liberty Lutheran Services
Location: Ambler, PA
Liberty Lutheran is a non-profit, faith-based organization that impacts the health and well-being of more than 10,000 senior adults. Liberty Lutheran’s history dates as far back as 1887. Today, Liberty Lutheran’s non-profit organizations include: Artman, Liberty at Home, Liberty Hospice, Lutheran Congregational Services, The Hearth at Drexel (formerly Mary J. Drexel,) Paul’s Run Retirement Community, Lutheran Children and Family Service, and The Village at Penn State.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Communications. This position will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, public relations and media relations to consistently articulate liberty’s mission. This position works closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network’s discreet audiences in collaboration with constituents.
2. Devise and implement the strategy, messaging and tools needed to build the image of Liberty, including President’s weekly message.
3. Collaborate with sales leadership to develop, write, and manage the design and production of a wide range of materials for senior services, in-home services, and community services.
4. Manage press conferences and press coverage for company events.
5. Train and support primary spokespersons and liaisons for Liberty with media in all markets.
6. Supervise news releases and the implementation of public relations programs.
7. Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
8. Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
9. Oversee the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic media including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, At Liberty, e-newsletters, videos, Liberty’s website and all social media.
10. Coordinate and oversee webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) are posted regularly and evaluate website analytics.
11. Working with WPSCC Program Director to orchestrate marketing projects.
12. Coordinate and organize with Executive Assistant annual meetings and special events that engage the network’s discreet audiences.
13. Manage all media contacts, including social media.
1. Strong writing, editing, public speaking and leadership skills.
2. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
3. A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
4. Self-starter, and entrepreneurial.
5. Experience in writing press releases, annual reports, articles, op-ed pieces, advertisements, and speeches.
6. Bachelor’s degree in related field of study (English, communications, journalism).
7. At least 7 years of progressive responsibility in communication/public relations.
For your talent and expertise, we offer a competitive salary, great benefits such as health care, dental, vision, prescription plan, 403 (b) retirement plan, life insurance, vacations and holidays, tuition reimbursement, and a 6 week fully paid sabbatical after 7 years of employment in addition your accrued paid time off.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com if you are ready to work in an exciting environment!