Cultural Data Project – Philadelphia, PA
The Cultural Data Project (CDP) is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower the nonprofit arts and cultural sector with high-quality data and resources in order to strengthen its vitality, performance, and public impact. We accomplish this mission by equipping arts and cultural organizations to collect, learn from, and use data effectively; by building critical infrastructure for the sector and being a trusted source of high-quality data and knowledge that advances cultural initiatives; and by convening and coordinating a national coalition for cultural data, dedicated to collective learning, leadership, and action. The CDP also seeks to streamline and standardize funding applications across multiple grant makers using its platform, while also providing funders with tools to understand and compare the financial health and operations of their grantees.
Now used in 14 states and Washington, DC, the CDP is working to expand its reach throughout the United States. Launched in Pennsylvania in 2004 and managed by The Pew Charitable Trusts since 2005, the CDP became an independent 501(c)(3) corporation on April 1, 2013.
The Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of an integrated program of communications and marketing to a wide range of national stakeholders, including nonprofit arts and cultural organizations, public and private grantmakers in the arts, cultural researchers and advocates, policy makers at the municipal, state and federal levels, and to the media. The Director will undertake communications activities that establish, promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand and reputation and will advance the organization’s recently-approved strategic plan and business transformation.
• Develop, implement, and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program.
• Work in close collaboration with the President, Director of Development, and other senior staff to set and achieve short and long-term communications and marketing goals, objectives, and targets.
• Oversee organizational messaging and content development for internal and external communications vehicles and publications, including website, social media, newsletter, and other constituent communications, collateral, and promotional materials.
• Build the CDP’s position as a thought leader by drafting compelling speeches, remarks, articles, presentations, and blog posts.
• Oversee organizational presence on a variety of social media platforms and work to build national communities of interest.
• Develop and implement creative targeted marketing initiatives across all media.
• Work with Fundraising and Business Development teams to build and maintain promotional partnerships with key donors, sponsors, media outlets, and outside organizations and businesses.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a communications or marketing management role, either in-house or with an agency.
• Bachelor’s degree required — journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
• A minimum of three years directly related experience writing and producing newsletters (print or online), press releases, speeches, annual reports, marketing literature, and print publications.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a multi-faceted strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
• Knack for simplifying complicated or technical concepts, for putting concepts into action, and for engaging and building relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: “Director of Communications and Marketing” in the subject line. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.