The Director, Marketing Communications & Special Events designs and implements the Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) annual communications programs and practices to achieve the brand building, lead generation, sales, and admissions objectives of WEL continuing care retirement communities.
• Design, recommend and implement annual marketing communications program that effectively markets all the WEL communities and communicates the organizations brand, mission, vision and values, utilizing a variety of channels, including, but not limited to: media, collateral, internet, public relations, outreach and special events.
• Drive new website design & development; responsible for content management and SEO expenditures.
• Create annual media selection strategy and plans; manage annual $800k+ advertising budget for all WEL communities including, but not limited to: print, radio, TV, direct mail, outdoor, internet; manage and track annual/monthly expenditures; analyze and report on budget variances
• Direct media buying process; authorize media purchases; negotiate rates; make real-time adjustments to media and message strategies
• Drive WEL’s PR program/firm in developing strategic and tactical initiatives that result in raising awareness of WEL’s communities. Manage the writing, editing and distribution of materials generated by the public relations firm including articles, press releases, media alerts, and calendar listings for print and electronic media.
• Achieve measurable results from marketing communications strategies and programs in the form of increased leads and sales; must demonstrate an ROI (sales) from media expenditures.
• Continually assess lead database programs; arrange for the training of sales team on the system and provide problem resolution with data entry and report generation; design and implement variety of reports that measure all campaigns; ensure the integrity of data and its use in corporate reports.
• Create and drive implementation across all community support staff, of sales events/open houses and direct marketing programs that aim to attract new prospects; develop metrics to measure the outcomes of these events and programs.
• Conceive and project-manage the design/writing/production of marketing and corporate materials for prospective residents and employees, WEL staff and residents, and business and community leaders. The range of materials includes, but is not limited to, print/broadcast ads, direct mail, brochures, annual report, eblasts, telesales scripts, signage, sales office collaterals, and resident newsletters.
• Lead a diversified team of talent that includes marketing manager, coordinator, agency-based public relations associates, freelance designers, copywriters, direct mail houses, printers, and photographers in developing tactics and/or materials that ideally communicate the WEL brand; oversee vendor relationships and identify, evaluate, contract and manage new vendors as needed.; make decisions relative to the selection, promotion, utilization, retention and compensation of these resources.
• Develop and implement enhanced living communications strategy and program that regularly communicates the EL philosophy and WEL’s unique approach to senior living.
• Conceive, develop, and implement community-wide special events and unique service projects for residents that contribute to, and enrich their cultural, intellectual, recreational, and social interests and experiences; establish a formalized survey process to gauge resident satisfaction with events and determine interests for new programs.
• Conduct presentations to senior management team and community staff on communications strategies, programs and initiatives, as required
• Strong leadership abilities in mentoring and driving marketing communications support staff and vendors
• Excellent B-to-C and B-to-B writing and copy-editing skills
• Superior juggler of multiple projects and priorities – outstanding time management skills needed to bring multiple projects to fruition
• Professional poise required to interact successfully with community wide staff and corporate leadership
• Ability to work across, up and down all levels of individuals in the organization to achieve system-wide goals.
• Take charge individual who knows how to command attention, build excitement in others, and garner respect.
• Ability to conceive, develop and implement creative sales, marketing, and public relations strategies and tactics that support and enhance organizational goals.
• Ability to write/project-direct to achieve clear and engaging copy for a wide variety of collateral materials that address varied audiences including, WEL residents, WEL staff, prospective residents and their families, business and community leaders, and policy makers. Ability to drive the complete design and production of these materials.
• Ability to understand and assess skill sets of freelance designers, writers, direct mail brokers, photographers, agencies, and printers.
• Achievement oriented.
• Ability to identify and maximize resources (both human and capital) to achieve goals.
Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, public relations, advertising, or related area required.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is a robust, non-profit leader in retirement living services with a respected history and a promising future. Our exceptional employees are committed to enhancing life for people who are dedicated to living, including the more than 1,200 residents throughout our Continuing Care retirement communities: Pennypack Park, Doylestown, Burholme, Upper Moreland, Main Line and Stapeley.
If you are inspired by our vision to provide an enhanced life experience for our residents; if you are enthusiastic about lifelong learning; if you are seeking employment in a close-knit community where your strengths are valued and used so that you are enthusiastic about coming to work every day, then please learn more about opportunities at Wesley Enhanced Living and our communities.
Our unique leadership initiative, our workplace culture, and our vision of lifelong learning and development for our entire staff, cultivates performance, innovation and excellence within an inspiring, rewarding work environment.
Wesley Enhanced Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to respect and value the contributions and potential of its residents and staff. Start or build a promising career with one of the leading providers in the aging services field.
If interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org