The Urban League of Philadelphia, the nations oldest civil rights and
advocacy organization, is seeking a project-oriented grant writer
responsible for raising funds from foundations, corporations, and
– Generate proposals for: unique projects, programs, institutional and
– Prepare budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials
– Develop and prioritize projects and proposals: meet and work with
staffs to elicit projects and programs that need support; manage monthly
meetings to vet projects and programs and set priorities for funding.
– Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal
reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical
records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting
proposal conditions and expectations.
– Monitor and manage grants income goal.
– Other fundraising and special projects as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
– Knowledge of fundraising techniques, strategies and information
– Proven track record with proposal writing and institutional donors.
– Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising
– Experience with budget development and monitoring
– Program development and grants tracking a plus
– Knowledge of contracts and agreements preferred.
– Excellent communication skills both oral and written
– Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office required and Sage
(formerly known as Paradigm preferred)
– Minimum of five years experience with grant writing and management.
– Proven track record raising money from foundation and government
– Program development experience preferred.
– Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
– Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree a plus
Contact: Please send two writing samples along with your cover letter
and resume to Sy Schofield, VP, Fund Development at