The Vanguard Brand team’s mission is to mobilize the Vanguard community to promote, protect and enhance the Vanguard brand globally for the good of our clients, crew, and communities. The Head of Corporate Brand Design for Vanguard will lead a talented design and UX team to establish and manage the creative vision for the brand. This person will work with other members of the brand team to create and strengthen a powerful, differentiated and cohesive brand experience. He/she will be responsible for identifying and assigning projects for the brand design team. He/she will collaborate across our various B2C and B2B businesses, and across the world to bring our brand’s design and UX strategy to life.
Visit http://adtrk.tw/5ST5z to apply.
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Manages and leads staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Serves as a mentor to crew by providing guidance on processes and specific feedback on their work.
- Leads the design teamsupporting marketing and communications programs. Sets and evolves overall direction, strategy and guidelines for the department’s Design function. Educates on, and inspires, the advancement of Design in department and Vanguard overall.
- Demonstrates knowledge of existing and future product and service offerings. Determines strategy and positioning for design that accurately and persuasively reflects Vanguard’s philosophy and communication approach with clients.
- Manages the administration and operation of the Design team, including managing head count, workload/capacity tracking, assignment and completion of work, and quality control.
- Partners with other Marketing and Communications disciplines such as marketing and editorial teams to deliver cohesive, integrated communications in the interest of our clients. Collaborates with other Marketing and Communications teams across Vanguard to establish and maintain consistency to strengthen our brand.
- Forecasts future design technology needs and pursues proposals with IT. Collects and shares research from a variety of sources, internal/external experts, the Web, books, etc. to stay abreast of, and recommend, design and UX tools and techniques.
- Manages and/or participates in special projects. Coordinates activities and interacts extensively across departmental lines.
- Leads and promotes Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence philosophy and programs.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess
An undergraduate degree in Graphic or Digital Design or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree/studies preferred.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in a design studio, advertising agency, interactive firm and/or corporate communications environment.
- Prior experience on large-scale technology-based projects
- Experience translating the business drivers that affect interactive communication, brands, and marketing. Related industry or virtual business experience preferred.
- Strong understanding and/or appreciation of the Vanguard brand and how it translates to design.
- Fluent in the languages, processes, and deliverables of each creative discipline: branding, design, editorial, user experience, and customer insight.
- Recognized thought-leader and expert in the creative community.
- Ability to understand and communicate customer needs and business strategies.
- Excellent people-management skills with the proven ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle complex client situations and interact with all levels of personnel within Vanguard organization, as well as in clients’ organization.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Visit http://adtrk.tw/5ST5z to apply.