Job Location: Radnor, PA
Job ID: 14-1392-1
About The Company: Lincoln Financial Group is a Fortune 500 company offering a diverse range of financial services and solutions. With a strong focus on four core business areas – life insurance, annuities, retirement plan services, and group protection – our business is built around supporting, preserving, and enhancing our customer’s lifestyles and providing better retirement outcomes. Led by over 9,000 employees, Lincoln Financial provides the tools and advice to help individuals take charge of their futures.
As a Corporate Communications Consultant, focused on HR Communications, you will consult with internal stakeholders in order to understand the business need, goals, and objectives for HR projects and/or initiatives. This role will act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders and will also recommend and implement communication solutions.
- Provides communications guidance and support to project teams and, as needed, works with other internal LFG resources to develop and deliver communications solutions (e.g., Creative Design, Editorial, Brand, Intranet team, Digital).
- Manages content for assigned areas on LFG intranet (“One”); posts news articles and makes other content updates as needed; and participates in development and execution of plans to continually measure and improve effectiveness of HR intranet content.
- Utilizes benchmarks and performance metrics to track communication effectiveness progress.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Supports the Director, HR Communications on public relations activities related to HR, ensures that all external HR activities align with overall corporate objectives and corporate brand.
- Develops external communiqués (memos, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, video scripts, social media postings, and other written communications and collateral materials) for a range of audiences as needed.
- Contributes to the development of materials that promote HR-focused achievements, interviews, senior HR leader events, community involvement, and philanthropic activities.
- Advises internal stakeholders on trends, issues, and news within the HR Communications space.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Undergraduate Degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; Educational concentration in Human Resources is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Experience developing Human Resource internal/external communications preferred
- Demonstrated success participating in cross-functional projects
- Experience managing multiple projects and work requirements simultaneously and reprioritizing as required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use metrics to monitor and advance workplace programs • Critical thinker with an ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or strategy.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in analytical data.
- Demonstrated ability (i.e. emotional intelligence skills) to successfully navigate interpersonal business situations to get desired business results.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. managers, peers, and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with collaborative style, empathy, and ability to identify causes and solutions for conflict.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, and written • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Proven skill in building strong relationships with field partners and business units
Requisition ID : 14-1392