Internal Field Communications Manager
It’s an exciting time to join the David’s Bridal team in this high impact role! Help us make her dream come true!
Field Communication is responsible for the development and execution of strategies to deliver branded business communications to the store and leadership teams of over 300 stores in the David’s Bridal chain. This role will foster increased employee engagement and collaboration, as well as drive knowledge and understanding of the company’s vision and key business metrics. This role will deliver quality, streamlined, and robust communications through content planning, collaboration with cross-functional partners and an integrated approach to communication of the business needs aligning to key priorities throughout the year. This role will partner with corporate stakeholders to provide a business platform through the SharePoint intranet platform that promotes connectivity and two-way dialogue, and improves the employee experience.
• Sustain brand standards for field/store communications in partnership with Marketing/Creative department. Infuse brand voice and aesthetic into communications which drive engagement of field and store teams.
• Serve as cross-functional communications liaison with key partners by providing consultation on the best way to deliver messaging to the field.
• Serve as “editor-in-chief” of intranet platform for departmental pages, homepage, and discussions/surveys.
• Manage governance with functional teams to best support and communicate with internal clients of field leadership and store teams.
• Develop and execute communication framework and content mapping to proactively plan seasonal communications, initiatives and events, through an integrated calendar for a holistic point of view on messaging and actions to stores/field and home office audiences.
• Support/co-lead communications for merchandise management and workflow that keeps the associate and client experience top of mind.
• Partner with Corporate Communications to ensure the cascade of corporate news as necessary.
• Support the field’s social communication channels by serving as a group moderator for brand initiatives/programs on Yammer
• Perform daily monitoring of intranet; edit content, improve functionality; partner with appropriate stakeholders for delivery of content
• Track metrics and web analytics for executive blogs and intranet stories.
• Work with IT to develop new web parts and capabilities.
• Maintain standards to ensure quality control of intranet content working in partnership with Store Operations
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Store Operations team with special projects as appropriate
• Stay current with intranet trends and graphics and incorporate best practices to improve the user experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or equivalent experience
• Must have experience working with SharePoint intranet environments and have SharePoint power user skills
• Must have experience working closely with technical staff or developers
• Organized, self-motivated, resourceful individual with a can-do attitude and ability to think creatively and holistically
• Maintains records in a logical, user-friendly system
• Ability to work cross-functionally based on needs of the business (as project lead or contributor); and has the ability to influence, gain alignment, problem-solve and collaborate
• Able to focus individual and team efforts on achieving results
• Commits to results and maintains commitment, regardless of obstacles and frustrations
• Experience in development of effective communication strategies (concept to map/plan to execution).
• Able to provide excellent customer service
• A strategic thinker with strong management skills and creativity to lead communications (verbal, written) as an advocate for our field/store teams.
• Strong communication skills (verbal & written) as a Content Producer with the ability to organize, apply hierarchy, and be able simplify content for various audiences.
• Ability to work cross-functionally based on needs of the business (as project lead or contributor); and has the ability to influence, gain alignment, problem-solve and collaborate.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and create relationships with all levels and functions within the company
• Conducts business with honesty and integrity
• Treats others with respect
• Recognizes and responds to the business concerns of internal/external partners
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to Kelley Wren at firstname.lastname@example.org .