Contract: 6 months, possible conversion to FTE
Job Type: Long-term contract
Possible conversion to FTE
About the Position
Rebound Communications, a professional employee communications consultancy, is looking to fill a long-term IT communication contract position with a global insurance company. This is a 6-month contract assignment, with the possibility of conversion to a full-time position.
The IT Communication Specialist is responsible for the planning and execution of global communication strategies to support major IT change initiatives. This includes content development and maintenance of IT-focused, SharePoint-based regional sites for end-users; supporting the implementation of Jive, a social intranet for the enterprise; and the rollout of Microsoft Office 2010.
• Develops and executes the company’s IT change communications strategies to inform, engage, support and promote acceptance of new technology implementations.
• Works directly with the SharePoint development team within the global organization to ensure consistent site structure and organization of content to effectively support the IT organization.
• Manages all IT-related content for the SharePoint site.
• Ensures effective implementation of corporate standards and guidelines for IT SharePoint content, in accordance with Client internal communication standards.
• Identifies opportunities and develops solutions to enhance sites’ ease of use and user experience.
• Recommends the implementation of new functionalities to the intranet, working closely with Internal Communications, the SharePoint development team and clients from other functional areas to enhance user friendliness and interactivity of content.
• Tracks and analyzes SharePoint traffic statistics for periodic reporting and review of content effectiveness, including scorecard preparation.
• Coordinates all SharePoint-related communications as specified by management.
• Develops content for other communication channels, as necessary, to support IT change initiatives.
• B.A. in Communications or related field required
• 7+ years corporate communication experience, preferably in Internal Communication
• Experience in developing and executing IT change communication strategies required
• Experience developing and managing communication strategies for a global organization preferred
• SharePoint experience required
• Knowledge of enterprise social intranets preferred
• Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
• Proven ability to manage time-critical projects (planning, scheduling, monitoring)
• Ability to work effectively independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently research, prioritize, and assemble all details for every aspect of a project.
Contact: Meridith Rohrbaugh at MRohrbaugh@ReboundCommunications.co