Title Marketing Communications Manager, Princeton, NJ
Job Description: SRI International is a nonprofit research and innovation center headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Government and business clients worldwide come to SRI for pioneering solutions in biomedical sciences and health, chemistry and materials, computing, education, economic development, energy, security and defense, robotics, sensing, and more. We provide research, laboratory and advisory services, technology development and licenses, deployable systems, products, and venture opportunities. Our innovations have created new industries and marketplace value, and lasting benefits to society.
SRI International’s Corporate and Marketing Communications department develops and implements strategic, integrated programs in marketing communications, social media, public relations, and internal communications to meet SRI’s business objectives. We are seeking a creative, results-oriented content marketing professional with experience in B2B marketing and a passion for technology to join our team members based in Princeton, New Jersey.
The Marketing Communications Manager participates in the development and implementation of marketing communications projects and integrated campaigns for technologies and technology-based products using a range of media and channels to support business objectives. He/she is responsible for creating and distributing content to attract, engage, and convert prospects.
The manager works closely with business development directors, research and development staff, department members, and external communications consultants to develop and implement content marketing campaigns and activities that increase brand awareness and generate leads.
Activities include the following: Collaboratively develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns using a variety of inbound and outbound approaches Plan and execute tradeshow promotion campaigns; determine appropriate channels and create content accordingly Source and create engaging, audience-specific content including web copy, blogs, emails, brochures, data sheets, infographics, white papers, and videos Partner with internal stakeholders and manage internal and external review processes Distribute content across paid, owned, and earned media channels Update, curate, and post content on SRI’s external website; optimize online content using SEO best practices Use social media channels to drive engagement Develop campaign metrics; track, analyze, and report on results.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, or a related field, and five years of relevant experience are required. In-house experience in a scientific or high-tech organization is preferred.
- Experience in digital marketing with a focus on content marketing and an understanding of related disciplines such as SEO, SEM, social media, and analytics
- Fluency in using social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
- Capacity to learn about new technologies and describe technology to target audiences
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, while executing tactically
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills; ability to articulate ideas
- Resourcefulness and ability to get started quickly
–U.S. Citizenship required.
Apply online at www.sri.com/careers
Job ID: 318BR
SRI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer