How IABC Membership Makes you Smarter with Most Practice
If you’re in communications these days, you’re in luck.
Communicators have critical skills sets that continue to be in demand — form large organizations to startups, whether through digital media or the telephone, to one or to many, the power of an effective piece of communication makes a big difference in business results.
Now, with the emergence of social networks and direct to consumer outreach, you can take your career even further.
As you’ll see in a moment, IABC Philadelphia is much more than a mere professional association. It’s your gateway to a global network of professionals with experience in all the disciplines grouped under the communications umbrella. The local chapter serves communicators in the Greater Philadelphia area achieve three important objectives.
Let’s take a look at each of these objectives, and why they matter to you…
1. Turn pro
Nothing says your serious about your discipline and career like turning pro. If you’ve ever become a member of any association you know that making an investment in yourself signals a commitment to your profession to clients and employers.
As amazing as free online resources are, they may not be as smart or applicable to your specific situation or career stage.
Add a professional accreditation to your resume, and you’re well on your way to demonstrating employers and clients you have the ability to plan, implement and measure communications.
IABC Philadelphia is your gateway to turning pro.
2. Drive change collaboratively with other professional communicators rather than face change alone
Social technologies and platforms have brought about many changes to the way people work and communicate. The impact is felt nowhere more urgently than in the work of communicators and marketers. Whether representing an organization or clients, unless you’re a rockstar, career advancements and a robust client roster mean being up-to-date on the latest tools and technology developments.
It can be a full-time gig just to keep up.
IABC Philadelphia responds and adapts to these constant advancements.
There’s no way around the fact that even a very talented professional can keep up with it all. Having a professional network on tap means you have the ability to access the people you need, either directly or indirectly, every day.
If you’re looking to make a direct impact in your job right now, tap into thousands of years of collective experience of your peers for new ideas, fresh insights, and problem solving assistance.
3. Learn from a huge selection of knowledge and experience
Think of IABC (the local and global organization) as your personal repository of knowledge and experience on tap.
IABC’s web site contains a robust library of how-to articles and case studies of successful communication in the real world. They are all available to members and accessible 24 hours a day.
This kind of access can benefit you in a number of ways:
- Want to focus on your professional growth this year? Do a deep dive on situations and challenges others like you have faced and start testing on your own strategies.
- Financing your own continuing education? Take advantage of professional development sessions on a variety of topics at member prices, and then utilize your new skills at work or to start your own consulting business.
- Prefer cover-to-cover manuals over seminars? Pick from IABC’s Knowledge Resource and unleash your creativity at your own pace.
Whether you’re new to the profession, or looking to stay up to speed on the latest trends, IABC membership allows you the flexibility to learn and practice at your own pace.
Join IABC today
The power of a professional affiliation lies in its standing, its reputation, and its longevity.
IABC Philadelphia is the one-stop answer to professionals involved in marketing communications, corporate communications, advertising, public affairs, public relations and media relations, investor relations, community relations, writing, editing, training, photography and video production, graphic design, human resources, teaching and an ever expanding roster of new and exciting roles in organizations large and small.
Join this growing and vibrant community and get:
- Unlimited access to online resources, global and local, you can use in your work (you’re never on your own)
- Gain visibility and greater access by volunteering
- Extend your reach by tapping into a large global and local network of communications professionals
- Save on upcoming programs (select Philadelphia chapter when becoming a member)
- All the career development resources, know-how, and networking benefits of a professional association recognized globally
Become a member today.
To learn more about IABC Philadelphia individual or corporate memberships, contact Earl Whipple, VP of Memberships, at earl.whipple [at] gmail [dot] com.