WANTED: Jr. Writer/Project Coordinator for Nonprofit Startup
Part time contract position — 10-15 hours per week (hours may increase over time)
Location: offsite, Philadelphia region preferred.
Our trailblazing nonprofit startup, Emily’s Entourage, is on an exciting trajectory. We need a special person to join our passionate, fast-paced, entrepreneurial team – a self-motivated, hyper-organized Writer/Project Coordinator with excellent writing skills, flexibility and drive.
Accelerating Cystic Fibrosis (CF) research to save lives through the power of community.
Emily’s Entourage raises money and awareness to help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis with a focus on rare (nonsense) mutations. Nearly 70,000 people worldwide with CF are waiting with bated breath for life-saving breakthroughs. We’re mobilizing friends, families and communities to join Emily’s Entourage on our quest for new treatments and a cure.
In this key position, you will work directly with the executive director and co-director to support the operations, administration, marketing communications (?) and fast-paced growth of Emily’s Entourage.
• Communications –
You will use your excellent writing and editing skills to draft and edit emails, letters, press releases, blogs, prepare press kits, update the website, and more. You will follow-up with committees, board members, volunteers, vendors, consultants and other partners to manage the timely flow of information.
• Project Coordination and Administration –
You will use your proven project coordination skills to schedule/track/oversee projects to establish and meet critical timelines for staff, committees, board of directors, corporate sponsors, etc. Your flexibility and willingness to “pitch in” are vital as priorities shift in this fast-growing organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of experience preferred; experience in nonprofits a plus
Qualifications 1. A strong understanding of Emily’s Entourage goals and passion for the mission.
2. A highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual.
3. Excellent, concise and clear writing skills with demonstrated ability to target different audiences in a variety of channels (email, grant proposal, brochure, etc.).
4. Strong social media writing skills and proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.).
Send resumes to: Gloria@Reisman–consulting.com