Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Primary Location: PA-Philadelphia
Manages the staff within the Public Affairs Department responsible for writing and editing content for the Bank’s internal and external publications and websites. Plans, manages, implements and evaluates communications programs and projects that meet goals of the Bank’s policy and objectives. Manages the unit’s working relationship with various departments to provide consistent writing, reviewing, and editing to ensure consistency of the Bank’s message. Counsels various Bank departments and committees and prepares internal strategic communications plans. Writes significant portions of articles to ensure general appeal, clarity and style. Manages the editorial services for the Bank’s external publications. Assists management of various Bank departments with special communications projects related to external communications projects.
– Oversees the development of content for C-Notes (the Bank’s intranet website) home page and is responsible for writing, editing approving and posting content to the home page and Bank-wide news sections. Collaborates with department content authors and approvers and the Public Affairs web team to analyze existing content to ensure that it meets business objectives and user needs.
– Conducts interviews, writes scripts and articles, and edits and manages the staff producing articles for various internal publications, such as Friday File and 3-C Magazine.
– Plays a significant role in coordinating, writing, editing, and producing the Bank’s annual report.
– Develops internal communications plans to support the Bank’s goals and strategic objectives. Works to keep employees aware of the Bank’s strategic goals and progress in reaching these goals.
– Regularly consult with departments and committees to recommend and implement changes to communications.
– Assesses the units staffing needs and oversees related personnel function, including performance management, goal-setting. Provides support to the Department officer on recruitment, hiring, training and development, and performance management and goal-setting of the unit staff.
– Contributes to the department budget planning, monitoring expenses, and managing execution of department plans and objectives.
– Actively involved in the accomplishment of departmental and Bank-wide quality initiatives.
– Fulfills job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or similar degree. At least 7 to 10 years’ experience in corporate communications, including planning, writing, editing, and production of various internal and external communications. Should have a combination of editing and writing skills. Some economics training preferred.
To be considered for the position, please attach a cover letter.
A minimum of 5 years’ managerial experience. Extensive experience in layout and graphics.
To apply, contact: contact our HR representative Gail Baker at 215-574-6118, email@example.com