Living Beyond Breast Cancer, founded in 1991, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. LBBC provides support and education for individuals throughout the country who are impacted by breast cancer. LBBC reaches more than 80,000 people annually through our publications, educational programs, website, social media and Breast Cancer Helpline. LBBC is headquartered in Haverford, Pennsylvania and has staff of 25 professionals. For more information, visit www.lbbc.org.
The Manager, Fundraising Events is responsible for developing and executing fundraising events in support of LBBC’s mission. The position is in the Development and Communications department and is responsible for managing the organization’s signature fundraising events: Yoga on the Steps (currently held in three cities per year) and The Butterfly Ball (annual gala). The candidate will be a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed professional and will represent LBBC at external events.
Lead grassroots marketing and team fundraising efforts for Yoga on the Steps, which is a “friends asking friends” model; lead all team recruitment and management; monitor success and identify opportunities for improvements and enhancements to expand capacity and increase revenue.
- Oversee event logistics for Yoga on the Steps and The Butterfly Ball, plus smaller scale events as identified. Work with LBBC staff and external consultants to ensure successful implementation.
- Work with the Vice President, Advancement to develop fundraising goals and strategies for all events to ensure alignment with mission and meet financial goals.
- Work with internal colleagues to identify and secure event sponsorships for all fundraising events.
- Work with internal colleagues to develop and execute marketing and communications for special events designed increase event attendance, LBBC name recognition and fundraising results.
- Develop materials to promote fundraising events, including: brochures, web content, and e-mail blasts.
- Monitor success of activities and identify opportunities for enhancement and expansion of special events to increase event attendance and philanthropic support
- In collaboration with internal colleagues, cultivate and steward individual donors connected to key fundraising events.
- Train and oversee staff, volunteers and consultants to ensure appropriate staff capacity and expertise for all special events projects and activities.
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies, procedures and protocols to support all special events projects and operations.
- Oversee relationships with vendors that provide support for special events.
- Attend and assist staff at LBBC educational programs and fundraising events as requested and represent LBBC at regional/national conferences and meetings as requested.
- Interact with LBBC constituents at fundraising and educational program events to increase awareness of LBBC programs/services and to develop relationships that can result in increased philanthropic support.
- Propose and oversee approved yearly budget for special events and ensure costs stay within budget.
Minimum Requirements & Preferred Background
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Eight-years’ experience in all aspects of fundraising and event production
- Proven experience in securing corporate sponsorships
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing Friends-Asking-Friends events in Blackbaud Sphere
- Strong computer application skills including word processing, spreadsheet, planning, presentation, scheduling and data base programs
- Ability to travel within the USA
- Success working with a fast-paced, mission-focused nonprofit environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team showing both strong initiative to reach individuals goals as well support the overall team goals
- Proven ability to lead and develop staff, volunteers and consultants in a nonprofit organization
- Proven record of successfully working with nonprofit volunteer leadership
- Strong interest in oncology, medicine or women’s health
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Application deadline: 4/25/2014.
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Breast cancer survivors, people of color and multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply. Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an equal employment opportunity organization.