Job ID 12760
Location West Chester – Studio Park (PA)
Description: QVC, the world’s leading video and ecommerce retailer, is seeking great people to join our team. If you are an experienced corporate communications professional seeking a new and dynamic challenge at a fast-paced and growing company, we want to hear from you.
We seek people who desire to work for an entrepreneurial company that is reinventing the shopping experience in markets around the world. Our dramatically expanding and unique product mix showcases the most desired, progressive and fashionable brands. We provide award-winning service to satisfy millions of the most savvy and engaged customers, who make up our global shopping community.
To help us tell our story we are hiring a Manager, Internal Communication. This individual will drive internal communication strategies to ensure message consistency and employee engagement across the global QVC organization. The primary focus of this position is to inform QVC employees worldwide about important company news and events, while building a culture of energy, excitement and fun. The Internal Communication Manager will work closely with QVC communications colleagues, members of the leadership team, and HR to draft messaging content and deliver via various communication vehicles.
• This position takes direction from the Director, Communication & Corporate Events and helps ensure employees have a clear understanding of the QVC business strategy, initiatives, financial performance and their role in contributing to the long term success of the business.
• Responsibilities include overseeing the implementation and execution of internal communications for employees in multiple US locations as well as globally.
• Works closely with Director, Communication to bring integrated, compelling, and high-impact messages to employees in a timely and corporately aligned manner.
• Strong content creation and writing skills along with the ability to edit effectively are key to be effective in this position. Must be able to articulate effectively so that the content of the message is understood and influential.
• Advocate for QVC communication philosophy
Communication Planning& Strategy
• Partner with Director, Communication and other QVC leadership to gain a clear understanding of business objectives and initiatives and translate to a robust communications plan.
• Proven ability to develop strategic communications programs and initiatives that creatively reinforce key business goals and initiatives.
• Develop companywide messaging around corporate news and events.
• Develop and integrate communication tools and platforms such as intranet, blogs, video and other channels for use in disseminating high impact communications.
• Develop communication plans to articulate objectives, articulate key message points, create calendar of communications timing and rollout and formulate consistent look and feel of communications on all platforms.
• Assist with the development of a redesigned corporate intranet that gives employees access to key information, resources and tools.
• Develop storytelling within communication channels as a way to perpetuate the culture and values of the organization.
• Ability to develop written content to project QVC’s global presence, including working with subject matter experts to develop clear and compelling communications. Manage team of Sr. Communication Partners.
• Write and produce a wide range of internal communications materials included but not limited to management emails, employee newsletters, leader blogs, day to day announcements, management talking points, intranet content.
• Ensure overall quality and consistency of messaging is seeded in all appropriate touch points.
• Coordinate the timing and review of content of communications to deliver on service level agreements.
• Effectively prioritize projects and manage expectations of deliverables for Internal Communication team. Expert at developing project plans and timelines, document project budgets and craft key messages. Ability to establish, prioritize and meet deadlines is critical.
• Standardize work processes and systems to ensure that employees worldwide are aware of important company news, initiatives, and strategies.
• Develop and manage budget in partnership with Director, Communication.
Measure and Improve Overall Quality and Effectiveness
• Identify and apply methods for gauging employee engagement and satisfaction with and effectiveness of communications.
• Create, document, and refine communication processes.
Coaching and Development
• Manage day to day activities of the Internal Communication department.
• Prioritize projects and oversee progress of assignments.
• Provide approvals and coaching to accomplish projects within established high standards of department.
• Foster a coaching rich environment where team takes informed risks, learn from their experiences, are highly accountable and have stretch opportunities for personal growth and development.
Cross Functional Representation
• Ensure alignment with key stakeholder groups such as Human Resources, Marketing, Customer Services, and Public Relations.
• Leverage existing enterprise communication channels (Iintranet, Sharepoint).
• Represent Internal Communication in corporate cross-functional communications initiatives and committees.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are critical to this position; the ideal candidate will have experience with the full range of communications best practices, and the ability to understand, simplify, and communicate complex technical business performance and financial data into clear internal communications.
• Superior business acumen and ability to understand complex issues, execute a strategy and anticipate response. Must lead and influence executives with proven communications knowledge and expertise.
• Drive for Results– Demonstrates initiative, problem-solving and organizational abilities, big picture thinker.
• Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills under tight deadlines. Must enjoy working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrated presentation experience and understanding of on-line, print and video communication channels.
• Strong creative writing, editing, organizational, strategic planning, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• People and Organizational Effectiveness– Must have the ability to build effective relationships built on mutual respect. The Manager, Internal Communication should be viewed as a trusted advisor. Must exhibit collaborative skills, demonstrate tact and diplomacy, leadership and team-building skills.
• Execution– Must possess the ability to successfully operationalize a communication department and plan. Demonstrate creativity in thinking and dealing with fluid and changing situations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exercise high levels of confidentiality, good judgment and problem solving in the execution of responsibilities.
• Detail-oriented and accountable to results.
• Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and achieve results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Proficient in MS Office – specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Senior level (C-suite) direct relationships experience preferred.
• Experience with analyzing, interpreting information to developing strong key messages.
• Skilled at working well with a diverse, globally dispersed set of clients and partners.
• Proven team building and collaborative skills.
• Exceptional oral communication.
• Proven accomplishments in the development and execution of internal communications programs.
• Talent for translating complex topics into audience-appropriate messaging.
• Strong presentation skills including Power Point desired.
• BA or BS in majors including communications, journalism, public relations, marketing.
• 6 to 8 years of communications experience with at least 3 in internal communications, preferably with a leading global brand.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (Nasdaq: LINTA), is one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 200 million homes worldwide. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. With operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and Italy, West Chester, Pa.-based QVC has shipped more than a billion packages in its 25-year history. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.