Department: Special Events
Reports to: President/CEO of Cashman & Associates
Cashman & Associates, an award-winning full service communications and special events firm, is seeking a full time marketing and special events manager for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. If you are enthusiastic, driven, intelligent and creative; and want to join the dynamic team at Cashman & Associates, we would love to hear from you!
• Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated special event management experience, along with basic public relations and social media knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
• Agency experience preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Must have a proven track record of success in all facets of special event management, from conception and planning to final execution.
• Must showcase an all-encompassing understanding of consumer/lifestyle marketing and the role social media plays in the industry
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Prior experience with brand activations and community relations a plus.
• Prior experience in public relations a plus.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; copywriting experience a plus
• Must be a proactive thinker who is flexible and reliable.
• Experience working with a variety of budgets, large and small.
• Must be creative and make a constant effort to stay in touch with industry trends, as well as innovative online and offline experiences.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and travel as events require.
Special Events Responsibilities:
• Communicate with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements & goals.
• Meet with the Special Events team members weekly to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
• Direct graphic design on the overall look & feel of event materials including: invitations, postcards, posters, brochures, program books etc. Approve, and sometimes draft, copy for these materials.
• Create detailed events documents (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, staffing and budgets).
• Coordinate and facilitate cross-promotional opportunities for clients.
• Coordinate & manage event vendors, i.e. venue, caterer, decor, entertainment, photographer, A/V.
• Manage vendor relations; participate in introductory meetings to build new relationships and partnerships.
• Manage & communicate event budgets with clients.
• Strategize room layouts and floor plans.
• Approve time and action documents for a cohesive understanding of the event timeline.
• Communicate with the events team of staffing requirements. Assist in staff briefings prior to the events.
• Manage client and vendor queries on the day of the event, oversee troubleshooting.
• Ensure that setup, dismantling and removal of event components are planned and managed properly.
• Contribute post-event evaluation reports (i.e. event recaps, event recap books, thank you letters and monthly reports) for retainer clients.
• Create guest lists for invitation mailings based on target audience and attendance goals.
• Assist in direct follow up to invited guests to ensure attendance goals are met.
• Visit potential event venues in the area to stay relevant in locations for upcoming events.
• Solicit sponsors for events to secure both in-kind and cash donations.
• Solicit and coordinate silent auction & gift bag items for events.
• Maintain agency’s events’ supplies and replenish when needed.
• Research other events in the area and consult clients on dates to avoid.
• Contribute to the agency’s social media platforms and partake in strategy development and
• Consult on the agency’s new business opportunities as it relates to special events.
• Contribute names, addresses and emails to the agency’s database to attract new audiences and grow the agency’s reach.
• Attend new business meetings and calls as they relate to special events.
• Research new & existing companies in the area and target desired clients.
• Actively pursue new business and facilitate introductory meetings.
• Consult & assist in the creation of proposals for agency bids to showcase the company’s Special
Events background and expertise in an effort to retain/secure new business.
• Produce annual reports with special events revenue projections & goals.
• Produce end of the year reports to show department revenue & profit.
• Organize weekly responsibilities and submit weekly to the President.
• Submit bi-weekly expense reports and client billings.
If interested, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org