Maney Publishing is a fast-expanding and dynamic independent publisher, operating internationally with offices in Philadelphia and Leeds and London in the UK. We produce over 150 peer reviewed academic and technical journals. Our journals, all of which are published online, are available as flexible e-journal collections to consortia and libraries. Maney has already built a significant presence in this market and now wishes to develop sales further.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our expanding company and to be part of our Marketing and Customer Service teams. Based at our Philadelphia office and reporting to the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will effectively plan and execute annual marketing campaigns for a list of journals to ensure that target levels of new subscriptions are met. The role also supports the customer service function for our US clients along with general office administration.
Key Marketing Tasks
- Mailing list administration.
- Website updating.
- Producing promotional literature.
- Building and testing email templates.
- Preparing and mail merging sales letters.
- Researching conferences and organising Maney’s presence at relevant events.
- Direct marketing including postal and email campaigns.
- Developing awareness of the Maney brand in the US, including PR activities.
- Researching conferences and events.
- Attending subject and library conferences as required.
- Maintenance of social media outlets.
Key customer service tasks
Using the Advantage subscriptions software assisting customers with queries, of which most will be of the following nature:
- Online activation and access queries
- Pricing information and requests for invoices
- Claims for missing issues
- Enquiries from society members
- Booking of rooms for external visitors
- General office administration
Experience and abilities
- Having either majored in marketing or have previous experience of working in a marketing environment along with good customer service skills and experience.
- Knowledge of the journal academic, and ideally publishing process would be an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- A methodical approach to work and good record keeping are essential.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise workloads with a pro-active and flexible approach.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, including the ability to work and communicate with personnel across a variety of different business functions.
- Excellent PC skills, including MS Excel and Word. Quark Xpress and Photoshop are desirable.
- You must be motivated, positive and keen to succeed.
- Ability to work on your own, and make use of information resources available.
- A self-starter who is willing and able to represent Maney at library and subject specific conferences with the ability to create effective relationships with customers, commercial partners and colleagues is a key requirement.
- The role will also require at least one visit to the Maney UK office per year.
This Post Reports to The Marketing Manager based in the Philadelphia office and the UK Subscriptions Manager for the customer service element of the role. Also working as part of a team of six marketing and five customer service colleagues based in the UK office.
Salary and conditions – Salary circa $38000 per annum dependant on experience. A generous vacation package of 23 days plus federal days. Health Insurance and contribution into a 401K plan. This position is open to residents of the USA.
Applications: Please email your CV with covering letter and details of your salary expectations to Mrs Sue Matley-Waite, Head of HR & Commercial Resources, Maney Publishing, Suite 1C, Joseph’s Well, Hanover Walk, Leeds LS3 1AB, United Kingdom. (firstname.lastname@example.org). Informal enquiries may be made to Emily Simpson (email@example.com) or by telephone (9am-5pm GMT) on + 44 113 386 8157. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28th August.