Responsibility for the marketing efforts of the firm. Develop, lead and monitor department marketing programs/strategies, budgets/costs, and goals/actions in cooperation with senior team and sector leaders. Drive client development support, industry recognition, project pursuits, and internal and external communications, company goals and objectives.
The position will network in the industry and will work internally with the Market Sector Leaders to meet-with, listen-to and follow-up on media, press and conference opportunities with Clients. This position reports to the Vice President Sales & Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following – Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop team into industry-leading Marketing team driven by best practices.
- Monitor core market trends and participate in development and implementation of corporate and sector specific strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- Support internal communication plans, working closely with marketing/communications team.
- Implementation of standard templates and marketing materials utilizing corporate brand standards.
- Drive the identification and development of solutions based marketing materials for each sector.
- Collaborate with Market Sector leaders to analyze win rates, market trends and developing opportunities.
- Managing a variety of proposals, from simple letter submissions to complex/mega proposals, including leading the proposal support staff teams.
- Collaborate with Market Sector leaders in facilitating project strategy sessions.
- Working with pursuit teams to develop proposal strategies through the use of Project Win Plans, and RFP/Presentation Response Plans.
- Working with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials.
- Ensuring all proposal materials effectively communicate the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit.
- Working with senior level technical staff to prepare proposal materials including writing, editing, verifying, and formatting proposal information.
- Collaborating technical sections with technical staff and reviewing/editing their narrative for content clarity, compliance, and key messages.
- Ensuring that win themes, technical scope, staff qualifications and experience, biographical data, and other marketing materials are accurate, timely, and well written.
- Organizing presentation rehearsals, including actively supporting facilitators and coaches.
- Support outreach to industry and sector specific media outlets
- Support all media events, speaking engagements, etc., with internal teams to capitalize on coverage as it relates to targeted clients.
- Support opportunities for Borton-Lawson to gain positive press/media coverage in local and national efforts, and collaboratively promote the firm internally and externally.
- Participate in VISION Technology Group and assist in driving integration of Vision into processes supported by strong CRM backbone.
Language Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong analytical skills.
Capable of writing reports, proposals and business correspondence, as well as effectively present information and respond to questions from team members.
Mathematical Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Familiarity with budgets and ledgers a plus.
Reasoning Capable of dealing with multiple issues and deadlines in a collaborative and professional manner. Experienced developer and manager of established budgets. Ability to establish strong relationships internally and externally to enable the successful accomplishment of the firm’s goals and objectives. Ability to understand the “big picture” of the firm and bring a revenue generator mindset to Marketing. Ability to complement strong technical staff and thinking with “close” mentality based on value-based solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or a similar discipline and 8-10+ years of hands-on marketing experience in pursuits, production, technical writing, leading and managing the proposal and interview process is required. Experienced with local, state, and federal qualifications requirements such as those related to agencies, state and federal entities; ECMS, SF330, etc.) Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Work in a team environment. Proven technical writing capability. Previous experience in the A/E industry is strongly desired. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint required. InDesign, Illustrator (or Photoshop) experience preferred.
Anticipated Working Conditions
Work is primarily performed in a professional office environment with interactions with clients. Job requires occasional travel and attendance at company functions, clients, or agencies for marketing purposes.
We only accept resumes via our Recruiting Management website. To submit your resume go to our website http://www.borton-lawson.com/index.html, click on Careers, and then click on Available Positions. You can then select the position that you want to apply for on this page.