As a Marketing Manager in our Institutional Investor Group, you will be responsible for developing innovative and strategic marketing programs to differentiate the Institutional Investor Group’s value-added participant experience. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to develop comprehensive marketing programs to support business goals across all channels: e-mail, web, print, mobile, and social media.
Vanguard is one of the world’s largest and most trusted mutual fund firms. We take pride in having helped millions of clients to accomplish their financial objectives. Vanguard is also much admired for its strong culture and the impact that the Vanguard crew have on the communities where they live and work. The company is headquartered outside Philadelphia in Malvern, with other US offices in Scottsdale, Arizona and Charlotte, NC.
• Creates targeted marketing plans by translating client objectives into defined marketing strategies and tactics and develops clear requirements to ensure that project teams receive accurate direction.
• Identifies and analyzes varied sources of data and information to inform planning decisions. Partners with Participant Strategy & Development colleagues to deliver complex marketing programs that are aligned to major client outcomes.
• Leads in problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and marketing strategy.
• Leverages best practices in behavioral finance to create action-oriented marketing programs geared towards positive outcomes.
• Ensures that business partners and teammates understand all aspects of marketing plans. Updates business partners and senior management throughout the planning and development life cycle. Provides program results to stakeholders.
• Manages the prioritization of projects and resources to achieve desired results and ensures that the right solution is developed for the end user. Manages internal client relationships and maintains relationships with marketing peers in other divisions to facilitate knowledge sharing and to serve as a marketing leader and participant experience expert for the company.
• Understands how to approach problems from different angles and presents alternate solutions when challenged with obstacles. Works effectively with different teams or different approaches to achieve desired results.
• Builds consensus to achieve results for our marketing plans.
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of our business, clients and competitors and effectively applies this knowledge to enhance planning effectiveness.
• Serves as a trusted advisor to client-facing crew in the Institutional Investor Group and builds strong relationships with Participant Strategy & Development colleagues.
• Participates in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum of five years of related marketing experience.
• Demonstrated ability to develop comprehensive marketing programs.
• Strong critical and strategic thinking skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Experience presenting to senior leadership and working well under deadline pressure.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to Barb Bronson at Barbara_J_Bronson@vanguard.com