Company: La Salle University
Job Title: Marketing Writer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Description: La Salle University, in historic and culturally rich Philadelphia, is seeking a Marketing Writer. Part of University Marketing and Communications team, the Marketing Writer is first and foremost responsible for being a University storyteller—writing compelling content and copy for a variety of marketing and communications vehicles and platforms, and representing the University and its brand to a variety of stakeholders.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Ideate, develop, and write marketing copy for a variety of formats including, but not limited to websites/landing pages, print and online display advertising, email marketing, social media, marketing collateral, radio spots, and video scripts.
• Write news stories, feature stories, headlines, and additional editorial content for University print and online publications, including the alumni magazine and campus e-newsletter.
• Conceptualize and execute ad and marketing campaigns in print, digital, and social media while collaborating with other department team members and University partners.
• Proofread and edit copy.
• Update the University’s editorial style guide, based on industry editorial standards.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the University’s competitive marketplace.
This position requires at least three years writing experience with an excellent portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of creative and editorial written work; a B.A. or B.S. in marketing, communications or a related field; and outstanding writing and copyediting ability over a range of styles and platforms. Must possess excellent editing, proofreading, and fact checking skills and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to seek out the content and stories which best represent the La Salle brand. Agency experience and large national brand experience preferred but not required.
Benefits: This position carries a generous benefits package, including tuition remission.
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, three writing samples, salary requirements, and three references to: La Salle University, Human Resources, 1900 West Olney Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19141
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, no emails to the CMCO)
La Salle University is a Roman Catholic University in the tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. AA/EOE.