MiND is located in Philadelphia, this is an innovative non-profit organization which owns a local non-commercial television station, and develops program services. MiND can be seen throughout the Philadelphia and New York City regions, and on the web: www.mindtv.org.
MiND’s Media Designer will be savvy, technically diverse, and connected to current trends in design and social conscience. We are looking for an imaginative, responsible individual who gets work done quickly and efficiently. This person will help to develop the brand in interesting, compelling ways. A strong marketing orientation is desirable. Television experience is not required. Animation and motion graphics experience is required.
The ideal candidate is expert in with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, and Final Cut Pro. Applicants need at least two years working in media or marketing design. Upon presentation of portfolio, college internships will be considered as part of this experience. The Media Designer, in conjunction with interns and volunteers, will create the entire library of on-air promotions print and web campaigns for MiND.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Continue the design tradition associated with MiND and its programs and services. MiND is presently developing new ways of communicating with a global audience. A fresh, forward-thinking approach to deliverables is the core of all responsibilities associated with this position.
• Development, production and timely delivery of high-quality branded materials for television, web, print, and other purposes, including the supervision and art direction of title sequences, 10-second brand IDs, sales and marketing materials, web graphics, and more.
• Efficient collaboration with internal clients including production, business development, product development, project management, and more, and with external clients including co-producers, underwriting clients, and others.
• Timely delivery of all materials, particularly in sync with the needs of production and post-production.
• Creative and technical participation in production and post-production.
Key Attributes include:
• Strong design sensibility appropriate to brand
• Team player; active role in many company activities
• Thorough, deep, broad familiarity with fonts, design styles, color theory, advertising art, logo design, and other aspects of commercial design.
• Very comfortable with hardware, software, and workflow processes associated with digital design.
• 3-5 years as designer in media or marketing environment.
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, working knowledge of web design, and video editing in Final Cut Pro.
Visual, creative, problem-solver, brand, versatile, technical, capable, fun, high level of competence with written communication, including grammar, spelling, and presentation, knowledgeable, reliable, sparks creativity in others, marketing.
If this position describes you, please email your resume and a cover letter, and send it to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Independence Media is an equal opportunity employer.