DEFINITION: Under the supervision of the Director of Communications and Legislative Affairs, the multimedia communications specialist has primary responsibility for developing strategy, posting to, and maintaining PCA’s presence on Social Media sites Facebook and Twitter and others as assigned; develops, writes and edits content for print and electronic publications; monitors, updates and develops new content for external website pcaCares.org and i-net, PCA’s internal employee website.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in journalism, public relations,
marketing or a related field
• Two years’ experience, and demonstrated competence, with digital communications including social media campaigns and platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Demonstrated ability to recognize and develop news and feature stories for print, broadcast and internet, and to tailor writing to both the medium and the audience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in proof-reading and editing
• Strong competencies with computer technology, databases and word processing
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
• Must be able to employ creativity and problem solving skills
• Well-developed sense of professionalism
• Ability to work cooperatively with many personalities and under deadline pressure
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
• Manage content of external website; ensure that content is current and correct; develop and post new content on an ongoing basis to align website content with current PCA programs and initiatives. Develop and execute monthly plan for posting new material on the home page.
• Manage and monitor PCA’s social media presence on social media sites Facebook, Twitter, and others as assigned. Develop strategy in consultation with Director; develop and manage content.
• Write and edit content for posting on PCA intranet (i-net).
• Serve as backup on the News Bulletin, able to research and post all content, including news story, headlines, events, research and action items as needed, and to format and distribute via email.
• Serve as member of monthly Milestones newspaper’s editorial team which develops an annual calendar of editorial topics and develops stories for each monthly issue.
• Write stories for the monthly Milestones newspaper; develop and write listings for newspaper calendar.
• Photograph subjects for Milestones newspaper and other subjects as assigned.
• Write and distribute press releases as assigned; follow up with press to promote coverage of PCA events and activities.
• Proofread all PCA publications, both print and electronic.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Writes creative, clear, succinct materials that meet journalistic standards and serve to fulfill the agency’s mission of providing information for older Philadelphians, caregivers and professionals.
• Produces compelling and informative content for PCA’s online vehicles including pcaCares.org, i-net, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others.
• Works with new technology and adapts methods to fit the department’s needs
• Fosters excellent relations with internal staff and external publics
• Meets deadlines while producing quality work products and manages several projects at the same time
• PCA employees
• Older Philadelphians
• Professionals in the aging network
• Media representatives
• General public
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Christine Slusser, firstname.lastname@example.org