Geneva Global is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person, and all other bases protected by law.
Last year, we helped clients provide 37,000 kids a second chance at an education around the world. We helped a foundation identify some of the most high-impact programs to ensure their money would make a powerful difference. We worked with a nonprofit organization to craft their donor messaging to help them raise additional funds. Our work with another client has helped liberate over 13,000 people from modern-day slavery over the past three years.
These are just a few of the many stories of how we’re helping our clients create remarkable change around the world.
We’ve been told we’re the best-kept secret in philanthropy. It’s time to let the secret out—and that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a public relations expert that knows how to craft powerful stories and build relationships with key media and influencers to increase our brand awareness and ultimately attract more clients.
Who We Are
Geneva Global is a Certified B Corporation that helps clients maximize their social impact. We offer services across the philanthropic continuum, from capital raising in support of philanthropic initiatives to capital deployment through on-the-ground program design and implementation. We serve as trusted advisors and thought partners to foundations, corporations, high-net-worth individuals, and nonprofits, working with them to develop customized strategies, launch new initiatives, and improve and assess the impact of their work and their giving.
Your goal in this position is to identify stories and ideas from across the company and use them to increase our profile in the philanthropic sector—through media placements, speaking opportunities, and our content strategy.
With this being a new role, you will have the opportunity to create and shape an important new competency for the company. You will join a small but mighty marketing team and report to the Director of Marketing.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Creating the company’s PR strategy
• Working with the marketing team to further improve the company’s communications and content strategy
• Refining and growing our media list contacts and targets
• Sourcing stories ideas from around the company and pitching them to ideal targets
• Identifying influencers (like bloggers and others with a social media presence) and creating relationships and engagement opportunities with them
• Keeping tabs on current news and relevant stories and looking for opportunities for Geneva Global to comment and respond
• Writing and/or ghostwriting editorials, press releases, occasional blogs, etc.
• Pitching conferences for speaking engagements
• Providing support to enhance spokespersons’ external presence
• Developing and maintaining press materials (press kit, spokesperson bios and topic areas, etc.)
• Providing spokesperson training and crafting interview talking points
This is a part-time position of about 15-20 hours a week. While we’re open to a flexible work schedule, you will need to spend the majority of your time in our headquarter office located in the suburbs of Philadelphia.
What We’re Looking For:
You’ve worked at a PR or communication agency or perhaps at a company leading those functions. Regardless, you have years of experience with media relations, communications, and other aspects of public relations. You know what it takes to build relationships with key media contacts and know how to pull out interesting story ideas and messaging angles from your colleagues.
You have thoughts on how the role of media and digital storytelling are changing and how PR, content marketing, and social media work together to drive new client growth.
You would describe yourself as:
• Strategic – you see how storytelling can be applied in various ways to achieve key goals
• Self-driven – you see what needs to be done and work with a sense of urgency
• Collaborative – you build strong relationships with your colleagues, the media, and influencers and know how to work well with others to achieve your ultimate goals
• Professional – whether you’re writing a story pitch or speaking to a reporter, your work is high-quality and polished
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
Interested applicants should apply here. With your application please submit a cover letter, resume, and two PR-related writing samples (a pitch email, a press release, an editorial, etc.).
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.