Cashman & Associates, a full service Public Relations and Special Events firm specializing in upscale lifestyle brands, is seeking a full time Public Relations Account Executive for its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA.
3 to 5 years minimum practical Public Relations experience
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Detail-oriented and resourceful
Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Capable of managing and overseeing multiple projects at the same time
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Social media knowledge
Work evenings and weekends when needed
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and successful execution of strategic public relations and marketing plans for clients primarily in the lifestyle industry.
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact for clients.
- Develop a full range of written materials including press releases, media advisories, biographies, fact sheets, captions, shoot sheets, and pitches to support public relations campaigns.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local, regional, national, and trade print, broadcast, and online media.
- Pitch creative, timely stories to local, regional, national, and trade print, broadcast and online media in order to gain exposure for clients.
- Contribute creative and newsworthy ideas to the agency and clients to garner media attention and secure coverage.
- Engage consumers by managing and communicating as a client representative on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and others.
- Assist with client marketing initiatives including: off-site events, website maintenance, collateral development, and branding.
- Advise clients on opportunities to partner and engage with local, regional, and national non-profit organizations.
- Plan and execute media-specific events including media dinners and press conferences.
- Manage outreach to media to attend events and provide media with on-site assistance.
- Serve as media liaison for client events including coordinating pre-, day/night-of, and post-event press.
- Prospect new business opportunities for Cashman & Associates including writing proposals, attending new business meetings, responding to RFPs and communication follow-up.
- Attend networking events as a representative of Cashman & Associates in order to increase awareness of Cashman & Associates’ clients & services.
- Prepare weekly project updates for Nicole Cashman.
- Prepare monthly status reports for all clients.
- Track media placements for all clients and create clippings and ongoing reports of media successes.
- Monitor and distribute articles relating to PR practices and industry news.
Cashman & Associates offers competitive compensation, attractive benefits plan including medical, dental and optical coverage, short-term disability insurance, generous vacation time, 401k (eligible after 1 year of employment) and free employee parking.
To apply email or fax your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or 215-627-1059.