Company: Moore College of Art & Design, 20th Street and The Parkway
Job Title: Public Relations & Administrative Intern
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posted: Sept. 25, 2015
Job Description: We are looking for a non-paid intern to work part-time, twice weekly during the Fall semester in the Communications Office.
Salary/Job Requirements: This is an UNPAID internship.
• Assist with reporting, writing and proofing of short pieces for the College magazine
• Assist with reporting, writing and posting news, feature stories or calendar items to the website
• Assist with generating story ideas
• Assist with photography at events and in the classroom
• Assist in developing and updating public relations resource manuals (media contact list, PR packets) and writing occasional press releases and calendar announcements.
• Perform other administrative tasks as necessary, including filing newspaper clippings, researching media contacts, preparing media reports, faxing media releases and reviewing newspapers, magazines and blogs for Moore mentions.
• Must be actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a university public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, English or other related program
• Ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, such as press releases, calendar announcements and public service announcements
• Understanding of basic media relations skills
• Ability to interact professionally with students, faculty and staff
• Good judgment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of Photoshop preferred but not required
• Knowledge of Meltwater a plus
• Good communications and time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven office
Education Level: current student or bachelor’s degree
Hours: 9 am – 5 pm (negotiable)
Benefits: Learn the PR industry and possibly have your writing published in the College magazine and on the website.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Michele Cohen, Associate Director of Communications, Moore College of Art & Design, 20th Street and The Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103-1179; or email email@example.com.
Web Listing: www.moore.edu