The Automobile Dealers Association of Greater Philadelphia (ADAGP) and the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation is seeking a Public Relations Director for all facets of each non-profit organization. They will have responsibility for a variety of advertising, marketing and public/media relations activities that enhance the awareness of the ADAGP, its Foundation, the Philadelphia Auto Show, the Black Tie Tailgate, and the Foundation’s Driving Away the Cold Program. The position is responsible to strengthen the respective positions of all entities in both the industry and the regional marketplace. This includes internal and external communications. The Public Relations Director will manage a supportive outside agency of record.
Philadelphia Auto Show/Black Tie Tailgate;
• Manage media/PR center on-site at show.
• Development of all Media Day Activities
• Any and all outreach to Automotive Manufacturers
• Management of pre-determined broadcast programs
• PR Liaison between other agencies of record
• Management of added value opportunities
• Proactive development of story angles/pitches and documents needed for interviews
• Oversee all long/short lead pitches
• Work with and oversee outside agency of record for Association regarding pitches/invitations/press releases and story ideas, development of guerilla marketing, media registration, photographs for press usage as requested, and media coverage reports, and monitoring services.
• Sponsorship development
• Oversee all aspects of media/public relations for the Foundation’s signature program Driving Away the Cold on local and regional level.
• PR liaison with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia regarding the Black Tie Tailgate
• Manage Media for the Foundation’s Annual Technician Competition providing scholarships and prizes to high school students
• Messaging to members regarding activities electronically or otherwise.
• Produce and manage the association’s quarterly magazine The Driving Force.
• Manage internal messaging and public relations with Association members.
• Manage Interview requests regarding the retail automotive industry
• At least 5 years strong public relations experience.
• Significant experience in managing relations with media outlets, strategic marketing, special events plus a strong journalistic writing skills
• Demonstrate analytical and conceptual problem solving ability, oral and written communication, including presentation skills.
• Ability to advocate on behalf of the organizations’ brands with internal stakeholders and media across all communication vehicles and channels.
• Ensure consistent framing of message
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications.
Competitive salary commiserate with experience and skill set. Full benefits including health and 401K.
Contact: Kevin Mazzucola, firstname.lastname@example.org 610-279-5229